Fresca on Addison

Contact 804-359-8638

22 S Addison St, Richmond, Virginia, USA, 23220

Vegetarian bistro making pizzas from stone oven, sandwiches, hearty soups, stews on brown rice (curry, ratatouille, cabbage and chorizo-ish) on brown rice, grits, quinoa, baked goods, coffee. Focus is on local, organic, and healthy. Dishes are available as vegan on request. Has Wi-Fi. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by roxette521

What an adorable spot! - Edit

This place is awesome! Everything is completely vegetarian and can easily be made vegan. I assume it was the owner who checked us out, brought us our food and dealt with our ridiculous excitement and she was fabulous. We tried the Vegan Deviled eggs, butternut squash soup, chicken salad sandwich and potato salad. Then went back for a cupcake. This will definitely be a place we visit often.

Pros: Everything can be made vegan. Small and cozy. Dec

Cons: N/a

great place - Edit

My friend thinks this is the best veg place in Richmond (I give that to Harrison street but w/e) The woman who owns it is so nice and willing to make literally anything vegan if you ask. It's basically a vegan restaurant if you want. This is still the only place in the world that I know that has vegan deviled eggs as a side!

Fantastic find in Richmond - Edit

One of the most creative menus I've experienced. The food was outstanding and will please all palates...plant-based foodies will LOVE this place.. Can't say enough good things about the food.

Pros: creative menu, variety of foods , clean restaurant, great staff

Cons: none

great options everything can be made vegan - Edit

I really liked the food here, everything is vegetarian and can be made vegan. make sure to stop in here if you are in the area!!! really reasonable prices

Pros: vegan options on everything and prices are great

Take out review - Edit

I've not been inside, so I can only speak to the food. (My husband often grabs takeout and brings it home to the burbs)
Simply the BEST lentil burger I have ever had in my lifetime. I don't know what they do to it, but it is magical. Also, the brussels sprouts are just delicious.
I've never had a bad meal from Fresca, ever.

Pros: Amazing food, Good prices

Cons: Hours are a little short

Great lunch option - Edit

Fresca is strictly vegetarian and offers many vegan options as well. Their pizza and entrees are good but their wraps and sides are amazing! I highly recommend the roasted broccolini wrap with white bean spread.

This is not a full service restaurant, more like a cafe. There is indoor and outdoor seating. The staff is always pleasant.

Pros: Strictly Veg, Great Food

Cons: They close early M-Th, Little to no parking, Expensive

We had a really good meal - Edit

Vegetarian but very vegan friendly restaurant. Good selection of items on the menu and the food was excellent. It was well worth the visit.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Excellent food for good prices

Cons: Closes early (6PM)

Wonderful restuarant! - Edit

We stopped here for a quick meal and were surprised by the great atmosphere a d delicious food. Everything on the menu sounds awesome and we had a hard time deciding which meal we wanted because we wanted to try everything. I had the spicy sausage sandwich (vegan), it was outstanding. My wife had a pesto pizza and loved it. My kids had vegan cheese pizzas that were amazing. Love this place.

Fresca is so good, every single time - Edit

I love this place and am so happy I live just a short walk away. The food is always good. Always. I've been here, I dunno, a dozen times and have never once been even slightly disappointed with the food. The fresh-made whole wheat pita - just that alone is worth a visit. Try the sushi sandwich, the lentil burger, any of the pizzas (which are half off on Saturdays, btw). Remember to check the specials. God, so good. It's all so good!

Pros: fresh, delicious, nice vibe

Cons: can be a tad pricey

best cupcake ever - Edit

we walked in and were quickly greeted by friendly staff and ordered curried butternut squash soup which was delicious. The sushi sandwich blew my mind as i had never thought to make such a thing myself but was pleasantly surprised at how simple but awesome this sandwich was! they make their own pitas in house which makes the sandwiches that much better. My favorite thing of all was the pumpkin cupcake, im not a sweets person but this was truley the most moist and best tasting cupcake ive ever had. everything we ordered was vegan and almost anything on the menu can be made vegan.

Great Food, Great Staff - Edit

Truly a great experience. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. I tried the butternut squash soup - it was one of my favorite soups ever. I also had the vegan chicken salad, I was extremely pleased - it was absolutely delicious. I liked the soup so much that I bought extra to bring home with me. Definitely worth the visit :)
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 21, 2013

Pros: Food, Staff, Selection

Cons: chairs/tables, silverware

one of the best - Edit

Fresca is all out amazing. Creative and delicious healthy food.Most everything can be made vegan.The sushi sandwich is phenominal ! Staff is super nice and price is reasonable.

Pros: Awesome staff, Delicious healthy food, great atmosphere

I love Fresca! - Edit

Fresca is the best! I am vegan and almost everything there is or can be vegan. Vegan cupcakes! Vegan brick oven pizza! Innovative sandwiches and sides. Love the staff and the atmosphere! Thank you Fresca

Pros: food, staff, vegan

worth the detour!! - Edit

Road trip on way home from SC, we decided to stop in Richmond for some grub from Fresca on Addison. Had the vegan chorizo pizza, the white bean hummus and broccalini pita sammie and for dessert we had the peanut butter, banana and chocolate chip pizza. Everything was fresh with spectacular flavor. Met Jenna, the owner - lovely young woman and incredibly friendly. We can't wait to go back! We give Fresca an A+!!!

Pros: great food , great service , creative menu

Cons: not in my home town :(

Great food on my visit - Edit

Like one of the other reviewers on here, I got the broccolini sandwich with white bean spread on the whole wheat pita. I think the bean spread may have had a lot of oil, since by dinnertime I still wasn't hungry, but other than that, the meal seemed very healthy. That day they had apple fennel salad which was great (I wish I knew how to make it myself). I think the sandwich was $7.50 and the iced tea was $2.00. I look forward to going back again so I can try everything on the menu. This was a Saturday, and they had a sign on the sidewalk that said they had 1/2 price pizzas on Saturday from 5pm to either 9 or 10pm. Since the pizzas are usually $8.50 this would be a great deal for anyone (I'm going to try to convince my stubborn non-vegetarian friends to at least try the pizza!). I don't know if they do this deal every Saturday, but hopefully they do. They have free wifi, and you have to ask at the counter for the password. Order at the counter, and they bring the food to your table. Anyway, Richmond doesn't have many vegetarian choices, and this is a good one.... don't miss it while you're in my home town!

Pros: Flavors, Quality of food

Yes! - Edit

Visited Richmond for the day and found Fresca using the happycow app while hanging out on Cary St. Delicious!

Got the roasted broccolini sandwich on wheat and I'm still thinking about it. It was the perfect warm hearty tasting meal on what was a cold nasty day. The side of kale salad was also excellent. So glad I found it! I'll definitely go back when we're in town. There are several other vegan options.

Pros: Excellent food

Good food! - Edit

I ate at Fresca yesterday with 3 non-vegetarians. We all really enjoyed our meals. I had the ratatouille with quinoa and a salad (as did one of my friends)' my husband had the 4 cheese pizza and hummus, and another friend had the "chorizo" pizza. One in our party also had the beet and goat cheese salad. It was all really great!! We willndefinitely be back!

An inspired kitchen! - Edit

This place just opened a month ago, and I've already been there twice. Just great! The cafe is light (big windows), friendly, and warm, always crowded. A dinner for two was 26 dollars, lunch for two - 18 dollars. They use almond milk for their espresso drinks. There're tons of vegan options (almost everything can be made vegan), and everything I've had so far has been flavorful without being too salty. The soups are fantastic. My non-vegetarian bf has loved everything as well, including a pizza with veggie chorizo. They have a small brick oven, in which they bake pizza, rolls, and homemade pita. The pizzas are small enough for an individual portion, but big enough for two people that want to have a light meal. I highly recommend this to anyone visiting Richmond, especially because it's cheaper than Ipanema, more attractive inside, and less hipstery (you can take you parents or kids here, the crowd is of mixed ages).

Pros: Healthy, Friendly staff, Good value

Return to Richmond Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fresca on Addison closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.