French Broad Chocolate Lounge

• Other
Contact 828-252-4181

10 S Pack Square, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28801

Busy lounge with live music on some weekends. Not all vegan but has a vegan olive oil chocolate cake, a vegan truffles collection, and sipping chocolate. Soy milk is also available for the coffee. In 2015 relocated from 10 S Lexington Ave.

First Review by JessinJax

Delicious Vegan Truffles - Edit

The strawberry balsamic truffle was awesome! So were the other two that I tried. They only have 6 choices of truffles though. They also had a vegan cake and some vegan siping chocolate. Staff wasn't super friendly.

Mmmmmmm! - Edit

This is my favorite place to buy chocolate. I love the Sho-co-latl or however it is spelled. I also like the sipping chocolate.

I have deadly milk allergies, and this place has never poisoned me.

Pros: tasty!!, nice atmosphere, living wage with tips

Cons: they only serve desserts :p

Vegan Truffles!! - Edit

I planned to try the chocolate olive oil cake but the line for the cafe was ridiculous. They had a side shop with a reduced menu - mostly truffles and ice cream. I was fulling only expecting 1 vegan truffle option but to my surprise they had 7 total vegan flavors of truffles. Got a box of 6 to pick (almost) one of each. Runs about $13 for a 6box. They're delicious!

Pros: vegan chocolate, friendly staff

Cons: long lines

Hey, It's Vegan Chocolate! - Edit

I always appreciate a place that specifies vegan options. I had the vegan hot chocolate. It was a bit thicker than I had expected, but it was so good. It's fair trade chocolate. Good company. Long lines, but great service.

Pros: Chocolate, Great Service

Cons: Long Line

Vegan Chocolate Cake - Edit

Went to French Broad for the Theros Olive Oil Vegan Chocolate Cake on our trip to Asheville over Thanksgiving. It was good, the raspberry puree on the plate helped to add a little extra something and to moisten it up. Sit upstairs, it is much quieter. Expect long lines to order, it's very popular!

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has French Broad Chocolate Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1297 times since Apr 2012.