Freesoulcaffe

714-371-0976

191 E Main St Ste 1B (at Old Town Tustin), Tustin, California, USA, 92780

Opened Sept 2010, this vegan cafe provides coffee, tea, and food using natural ingredients. Menu includes sandwiches, panini, day's soup, organic salads, Belgium waffles (mornings only) and oatmeal. The glass case display features muffins, cakes, and various desserts. Choice of soy, almond, or hemp milk for your drinks. Has fresh juices. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by JaimeSue

yummy - Edit

Try the potato pizza it's sooooo good!!!

good food - Edit

They have good food and a good bakery, it sucks that you can only order dinner items after 5 pm

vegan spot in old town tusin - Edit

I went to this little place since it would be opening at 9 AM after catching an early morning flight from the Bay Area to OC. They opened promptly, greeted me and literally I had my Belgium waffles by 9:10 AM. They were presented with a layer of beautifully arranged bananas, strawberries, and blueberries. The waffles came with syrup and butter on the side, I poured a generous amount of syrup on them then proceeded to eat every morsel. It was delicious! Highly recommend the waffles. I enjoyed it all with the Kombucha Mimosa, which is a mixture of Kombucha and OJ. Yum yum! After seating there, reading a little more- the hungry beast in me still wanted something else. So I also ordered the breakfast sandwich, wow! Also proceeded to consume it all. All and all, great place! Open semi-early and wonderful staff. Recommend this place!

Pros: All VEGAN, Overall Cleanliness of establishment and presentat, Waffles

best service/ vegan restaurant - Edit

best vegan restaurant in the OC. They serve breakfast till 11am so we always try to make it in for the best vegan Belgium waffles with fruit. The portobello panini for lunch and the fettuccini pasta for dinner. The matcha & cave granita are the bomb as well. It's pricey but it's so worth every penny.

Great dining experience - Edit

The staff is very polite and the whole restaurant is kept clean and professional. You'll do well with whatever you get here. My favorite is the hatch burger.

Pros: Excellent food, Great selection

Cons: Prices and get very expensive

Tasty treats! - Edit

great little bakery with lots of choices, waffles and pumpkin pie tart were short good.

Pros: all vegan, creative options

Cons: expensive, very quiet environment, they ask that y

Great find! - Edit

My nice and I were traveling through the area and found the Freesoulcafe on the Happy Cow app. From the moment we stepped in we knew we had hit the jackpot. The decor is homey and welcoming. Beautiful vegan pastries were displayed behind the glass counter. I ordered the corn grits and she ordered the gnocchi. They were both absolutely delicious! We were too full for dessert, but since it was so tempting we bought it to go. I had a chocolate mousse cake later- and it was soooo good! Also- the bathrooms were sparkling clean. I wish I lived closer to this gem- I would love to try everything on the menu!

Pros: Excellent food, Nice decor, Clean bathrooms

Cons: Too far from where I live!

Great food - Edit

My wife came across this place a few months back and raved about it. I finally got the opportunity to make it down here with her and it did not disappoint.

I've mentioned my struggles with finding good vegan breakfast spots. I do well at home but sometimes you want to go out and this place hit the spot. Monica had the Waffle while I had the pancakes. Both were great! The lunch menu has some really appealing selections as well. We will definitely be returning to try those out next.

The location and decor are very appealing as well and the staff was very friendly. Definitely a must try.

Pros: great food, good portions

jewel in Tustin - Edit

My husband and I loved our dinner here. Everything was very fresh and excellently prepared. Nice that the entire menu is vegan. The Caesar salad and side of cauliflower were delicious. The truffle burger would convince anyone to go vegan! The dessert case is impressive - we indulged in a coconut almond bar which we enjoyed. The portions are not huge but just right to leave room for dessert.

Pros: fresh food, excellent preparation, delicious

Cons: portions not huge, price point slightly high, -

A little pricey but worth it! - Edit

My mom and I first went here and then I revisited with my boyfriend. Both times I got the Truffle Burger and it was amazing! I do wish it came with other side options, I'd rather have some good garlic fries than a salad. But otherwise it's great, I look forward to going back and trying one of their pizzas!

Pros: Great food, Great atmosphere, Great location

Cons: Expensive

Everything is delicious, and they have breakfast! - Edit

I have been coming here for over a year, and I love it every time. Super friendly staff and delicious food. I haven't tried anything that I didn't like.

excellent food & service - Edit

Vegan heaven! Pancakes & cakes do die for. Only tried brunch & lunch menu, but absolutely delicious food.

Needs more Menu Options with No Sugar and Oil - Edit

Please make more menu options that don't use sugar or refined oil!!!!
Whole grain foods that are sweetened with pure maple syrup or agave or honey are desperately needed at this restaurant!!!!!
No refined oil options are also needed !!!!!

Absolutely delicious - Edit

I went here a few weeks ago and I had a southwestern type burger while my fiancé had a pasta dish. Both were absolutely delicious! We will definitely be going back again. My most favorite part of the restaurant was the out of this world entirely vegan dessert case!!! The only down side about this restaurant is that it's a little expensive for our tastes- we are still students! None the less, worth the splurge!

Pros: Delicious, Fast, Clean

Cons: Cost

tasty cafe - Edit

I went with a large group of people, so we took up most of the seating inside this cozy café. It was easy accommodating a group as everyone ordered their own meal at the counter and got a number. The Portobello Panini and Truffle Burger were the most ordered items. I personally had the Truffle Burger which was amazing. The truffle flavor was strong and divine. To continue the truffle theme, I got the chocolate truffle torte for dessert. Very rich and decadent. The entire dessert display looked fabulous and I wish I could have ordered one of each one. I can't wait to come back and check out the rest of their menu. The service was friendly and quick too!

Pros: desserts, variety on menu, friendly staff

What Can't They Do? - Edit

Whether you go for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or just dessert, FreeSoulCaffé does a great job. I've never had a bad meal here from waffles to panini to salads to soups to pasta to pizza to mini cakes... It's all good. They continue to improve and expand the menu slowly. They try to perfect dishes before releasing them... Then they work on just making them better.

Pros: good variety, well-balanced flavors , great service

Cons: popular, so seating can be limited, boba can run out, nothing significant as a con!

so cute and delicious!!! - Edit

The location is fantastic, along with the overall feel of the place. Service was good, food was incredible. Over all really great experience and if I lived a little closer I'd probably blow all my money on this place. It's slightly pricey, but worth it. Me and my mom split the alfalfa sprout sandwich with the horseradish sauce (I think?) and the mocha cream pie.

Pros: everything

This is what any cafe should be like - Edit

Vegan or not, service is important to any business. Freesoulcaffe hits the mark on all aspects. Amazing customer service, unbelievable cruelty-free food, and great ambience. Turns out my parents had been going to this cafe for years, and only found out that all items were vegan AFTER I told them recently.

There was also a cat who snuck in and begged for attention, so that's always a good sign in a vegan establishment. ;)

Love this place! Highly recommend eating here.

Pros: Excellent food, Amazing staff, Calm ambience

Cons: Pastries were pricey

Return to Tustin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Freesoulcaffe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.