CLOSED: Freeman's Natural Hot Dogs

Contact 775-322-3434

106 California Ave, Reno, Nevada, USA, 89509

Serves meat, vegan options available. Locally owned little hot dog place that offers vegan hotdogs in traditional, chipotle, and Italian style with toppings. Has vegan cheese and vegan chili as are Asian slaw, sprouted wheat buns, and raw probiotic kraut. The meat hot dogs are organic. Does not mix vegan with non-vegan ingredients. Play area for children. Offers bicycle delivery. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Lauren555

Great place to eat vegan junk food in Reno - Edit

This is the perfect place to eat very good vegan food even if the restaurant is not fully vegan. A lot of spice and flavour in what they offer. Moreover, the place is pleasant and easy to find.

Pros: great food, vegan options, practical location

Cons: not fully vegetarian/vegan

Extremely kid friendly with vegan options - Edit

Pretty basic restaurant, but what they have is very good. They have a veggie dog, an Italian sausage (Tofurkey Italian Sausage), and a chipotle vegan. If you like spicy food, the chipotle vegan is delicious. Their vegan chile is also very good. My three year old loves to go there as they have a corner with toys and books. I appreciate that extra effort as I can easily go out to eat with him there. He also likes the kids veggie meal. Some days they have vegan brownies also.

Pros: toys for kids, spicy chipotle veggie sausage, good value

Cons: there is meat there too

Yummy awesome food! - Edit

I love this place and try to visit freeman's whenever I'm in Reno. They serve meat but are very vegan friendly. They have a limited menu but it's really good so its worth the trip. Bun burner is awesome and the wholly dog is good too. Oh, and don't forget the vegan brownie! Staff is super friendly and if your looking for a quick bite this is the place to go.

Pros: Food is awesome!, Fast!, Friendly Staff

Cons: Limited Menu

worth the drive - Edit

Every summer I drive cross country via rte 80 on special projects. Several years ago I happened on Freeman's, and was surprized by how tasty their vegan hot dogs are. They pack a lot of flavor in a big dog. Highly recommend a stop here!

Pros: lots of taste, cheap

Cons: they serve meat!

well worth the visit! - Edit

I was driving cross country in June, and found Freemans on Happy Cow. I stopped in for a Bun Burner. First time. It was GREAT! So good, in fact, that I made a point of stopping in on the drive home to have another one. I am a vegan, and this place is very vegan friendly, clean and easy.

Pros: yummy, vegan friendly, delicious

I Love this place - Edit

I love this place. I am vegan and my husband is not. We go to Freeman's weekly. I love the bun burner, I have tried other vegan options, but always go back to the bun burner, the staff is friendly, the restraunt is always clean

Pros: Vegan Options, Staff

Delicious! - Edit

My husband and I ate here recently and we were both very impressed! I loved the veggie dog with vegan chili and my husband, even though he is not a vegetarian, tried the veggie chipotle dog (called the bun burner) and also really enjoyed it!

Pros: Tasty!

Return to Reno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Freeman's Natural Hot Dogs closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1291 times since May 2010.