FreeFoods

• Veg-friendly
Contact 212-302-7195

18 W 45 St (at 5th Ave, Midtown, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10036

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe and deli making contemporary organic cuisine. Changing menu with usually several salads and a couple soups being vegan suitable. Fair trade coffee.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Raw, Western, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by vegan-ese

:/ - Edit

I decided to go out to lunch with my bestie and we both got the salad - I got the vegan salad which tasted terrible and my bestie got the chicken salad that she said the dressing was death in a cup (she also said the overall salad was bad). The tea was even worse, it said it was sweetened but it tasted bland.

Cons: tempeh chicken tasted funny

Good options for Midtown - Edit

Arrived at 9:30am and the vegan choices were freshly made juices/smoothies, pre-made salads and the buffet of salads that were set out for the day. There were also snacks foods on display, like kale chips or chocolate.

I opted for a small box from the buffet and a small smoothie. The pad Thai salad was amazing and the cocoa picante smoothie tasted like ice cream. The bill came up to $19.. a bit pricey but, hey, it's NYC, right?

I figure I'm paying for the convenience (my hotel was on the same block) and there are few options in Midtown.

Pros: Natural ingredients

Cons: A bit pricey -- choose wisely

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has FreeFoods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2078 times since Jan 2013.