CLOSED: Frapez

• Other Other

4092 18th St (at Castro District), San Francisco, California, USA, 94114

Nutritional smoothies and fresh pressed juices bar. Few small tables inside for seating. July 2014 reported no more wraps, just 1 prepared salad. Reported closed, May 2017.

First Review by kennyp353

Fresh pressed juice - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and stopped in while walking around in the Castro District, October 2012. Here's my Frapez review.

It's a little smoothies and fresh juice bar that emphasizes on health and also sells several bulk bins items for takeaway (almonds, cashew, goji berries, energy shots). You can customize a juice with the produce that they have. There is also a small food menu that includes salads and wraps.

I got a custom juice with carrot, ginger, celery, and spinach, and it was tasty and inexpensive. A good stop for a juice or smoothie, grab and go or sit at one of the few small tables inside.

Expensive but excellent - Edit

Right in the epicentre of San Francisco's gay area at Castro and 18th, between the "bear Starbucks" and Mix bar, this "smoothie spa" caused me a sharp intake of breath at the extremely high prices - $7 to $8 for 16oz, $9 to $10 for 20oz. I ordered a Next Door - "pumpkin seeds, cashews, banana, nutritional yeast, passion flower, carob powder, molasses, dulse, yogurt, orange juice" - and I was like, this had better be the best smoothie I've ever had. Fortunately, it was. By miles. At first I wasn't sure, but as I got into it, I loved it, and soon wished I'd ordered the larger one. There are some terrifying-looking choices on their menu - - here's hoping yours is as excellent as mine.

Pros: exquisite taste, location, cleanliness

Cons: price, closes early

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Frapez closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.