Franktuary

Contact 412-288-0322

3810 Butler St (at Lawerenceville), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 15201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu is focused around hot dog, sausage, and alcohol. Offers a tofu frank, veggie meatballs made from tempeh), and has salads. Dec 2014 its other outlet at downtown 325 Oliver Ave shut. Tue-Thu 11:30am-11:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-1:00am, Sun 10:00am-3:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by musacgal

All around wonderful! - Edit

Simple yet attractive decor. The service was fast, friendly and very helpful. Our server knew plenty about the menu and vegan options. The food was spectacular!!! Must try if you're in the area!!!

Pros: Plenty of vegan options

Cons: Parking can be tricky

Good dogs - Edit

This is a great open space in a cool part of town with great atmosphere. It's done up like the inside of a church and there are booths and tables and a bar.

There are tons of vegan options, I had the sausage which had a nice texture kind of like seitan and a lot of flavour. I went for Chicago style which was pretty loaded. And we had poutine - the gravy is vegan! No vegan cheese though but the fries and gravy were great. Our waiter was vegan himself so really easy to order. They've fixed the hot dog buns so they're vegan now as well. The sloppy Joe looked good - next time!

Pros: vegan dogs, poutine!

excellent! - Edit

I LOVED my meal here (lawerenceville location)! I asked if the veggie sausage was vegan, the waitress said yes and the proceeded to inform me on what else is vegan.

I got a vegan tofu dog in a wheat bun, Bollywood style (default buns have dairy which is noted on the menu)

A veggie sausage on wheat covered in sauerkraut

The garbanzo bean fries with lemon tahini sauce (VERY lemony)

And a great cocktail (like most restaurants, it's up to you to figure out vegan cocktails with barnivore, they can tell you ingredients in their specialty items though)

Turns out the gravy for poutine is vegan so you could get a vegan poutine with no cheese! (The gravy was delicious, a dining friend ordered it)

Pros: helpful staff, hilarious church theme at the Lawrenceville locati, cocktails

Quick Snack Stop! - Edit

When I first moved here, I called to ask about their food. Like the previous reviewer stated, they told me they had vegan dogs but not buns. So my idea to eat there was shot down. However, I went here on a work lunch and watched my carnist coworkers eat. It's a cool atmosphere and they do have a few things for us. They have chips and they also have a good selection of locally-made soda. If you're a visitor to Pittsburgh, you have to try some of these pops. They're fantastic. So as a vegan, I treat this place as a convenience store more than a restaurant.

Pros: stocks locally-made soda, atmosphere, clean

Cons: non-vegan buns, non-vegan buns, non-vegan buns

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Franktuary closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1752 times since Dec 2011.