Delivery
Take-out
Asian
Korean

Sister-restaurant to the venerable Hangawi vegan restaurant, Franchia offers a casual take on refined Asian fusion cuisine. Decor is traditional Korean architecture contrasts with elements of modernism. On the menu are dishes like vegetable sushi, Korean dumplings, and a selection of noodles, rice dishes, and main entrees. Teas and gifts available for purchase. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-9:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

First Review by Poundie

RavishingRavenous

Points +909

23 Feb 2024

Solid Vegan Korean Food

Franchia is pretty solid. Would come here a lot because it was near my office and Grand Central. Great spot to grab lunch or dinner after work.

Arya_adityan

Points +81

20 Feb 2024

Became my favorite!

The food was unbelievable! Could not take a picture because it was too good to wait. Wish I could try everything on the menu, but my pocket won’t let me. Highly recommend if you are willing to spend a bit!

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-17

C&CVegan

Points +602

16 Feb 2024

May Just Be the Most Beautiful Meal I’ve Ever Had!

Had the privilege of experiencing Franchia’s Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe menu, and it was stunning! Every dish was absolutely delicious and plated to perfection. The calamari and the crab roll were particular standouts, both being feats of unbelievable vegan sorcery! Definitely on the pricey side, but worth every penny for a rare special occasion. And special, it most certainly was!

Pros: Phenomenal food, Great atmosphere, Unusual dishes

Cons: Pricy, but we’ll worth it for a special occasion

madonna816

Points +56

19 Jan 2024

Favorite NYC restaurant

This place is 5 stars. Food, service, & atmosphere have all been stellar. This instantly became my favorite place, & I’ve eaten at 90% of the vegan & vegetarian places in NYC (not including the brilliant places that left us too soon). If you like food, go! [Blurred my IG username so I don’t get dinged for self promotion.]

Pros: Spicy Kimchi Dumplings (fried), Spring rolls

fmc927

Points +20

19 Jan 2024

Simply the Best!

Love this place. Have been twice so far and would definitely go again! A smorgasbord of Vegan food gluttony! Everything I ate was delicious. Vegan ice tea and cake for dessert as well! #Veganuary

Pros: Food, Atmosphere , Service

GFGoldenLady

Points +1855

16 Jan 2024

Phenomenal

Came here for lunch with my family and it was amazing.

For me the service and atmosphere are what really stand out in my mind. Not quite 11 Madison, but better than many other higher end vegan restaurants.

The food is delicious, well plated and many flavours.

They do have several gf options as well. I didn't eat strictly gf this time as we ordered several plates for the table and there was more variety not ordering gf.

We had the scallion and Leek cakes, both very tasty with excellent dipping sauces.

The spicy dumplings were amazing.

My mom ordered the kebabs and holy dyna the bite I had was mind blowingly delish.

I ordered sushi, the crunchy tofu skin, dragon roll and francia roll. I think the dragon was my favourite but they were all superb.

Mommy81

Points +38

15 Dec 2023

Bestes Sushi

Wir waren zu Mittag da. Die Karte ist der Hammer! Vegane “Ente”, “Thunfisch” oder sonstiges in 1a Qualität. Es war das beste sushi das wir je hatten und wir waren in echt vielen Städten der Welt (Lissabon könnte mithalten). Viele koreanische Spezialitäten. Personal sehr freundlich, Räumlichkeiten auf 3 kleinen Etagen. Gemütlich rustikal. Sehr typisch. Loved it!

Pros: Menü, Aufteilung , Essen

jtyburski

Points +897

15 Dec 2023

Excellent Korean dishes!

Franchia is perfect if you've been interested in their sister restaurant HanGawi but want something a little more casual. The Korean fare is all excellently prepared, and tastes delicious. It's a good spot for a couple, or for a group of friends. Highly recommend the pancake sampler!

Pros: Nice setting, Good service

GeriHuppManahan

Points +13

Mostly Veg
27 Nov 2023

Tasty Vegan Dinner

Great location and comfortable seating. Large menu. Good flavor, presentation, and texture. Wish I could say “great.” Porridge was initially served lukewarm and main dishes were a little bland and starchy.

Pros: Nice selection of gluten-free options., Delicious desserts, Pleasant and attentive wait-staff.

Cons: Pumpkin porridge was served lukewarm. , Sauces seemed to be over powered by the thickener., Bland

BethMarhanka

Points +18

10 Nov 2023

Great, atmosphere and delicious food

This lovely gem of a place is walking distance from Grand Central Station. The staff were wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed the food. I got the drunken noodles but everything on the menu look terrific. I definitely want to go back.

Pros: Atmosphere , Food , Service

EatwellEatPlants

Points +122

07 Nov 2023

Cannot fault this place!

A gem! The service, food and setting are all spot on!

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious food , Gorgeous restaurant

Cons: Only that I couldn't eat more

jakertz

Points +90

05 Nov 2023

Decant food

Was pleased to find this spot close to my hotel. I had the Manchurian cauliflower and steamed japche dumplings. The cauliflower was good but not spicy and needed more sauce. The dumplings were pretty good. I also had carrot cake that was okay, I wouldn’t order it again. I’d come back but would order something else.

teabell

Points +245

02 Nov 2023

Wowwww

The Korean style dumplings with the glass noodles are next level! So tasty! Perfect perfect perfect! I’ve been to their sister restaurant, this is just as good, more relaxed vibes! Good for a quick in and out! Also had the pecking baos. Incredible! Highly recommend! Ruuuun don’t walk xx

Pros: Korean style steamed dumplings are incredible , Flavourful , Easy, laid back atmosphere

little_vegan_brie

Points +527

25 Oct 2023

Don’t Miss This Spot

Updated to say second time back wasn’t great. Service was poor and do not get the pho.

Franchia was fabulous! Although I was thoroughly overwhelmed by enormous menu, we eventually settled on four dishes to share dessert (two of us).
First (not pictured) was the pumpkin noodle salad which was light and the sesame dressing was delish!
Second was the Peking Duck Baos which were so cute and tasty (after I picked the cilantro off). The sauce on the “duck” was perfect.
Third was the Rainbow roll. The little shrimps were wonderful & each bit was like a different roll. Avo and BBQ were the other two bites.
Fourth was the mango avocado roll which was light, sweet, and tangy and perfect for a hot humid day.
We finished it off with a slice of the carrot cake which was good but not great. I obviously finished it, but the cake was a little tough and we didn’t have any walnuts in our slice 🥲

Service was phenomenal!

Total was $66 before tip.

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-04

Pros: LOTS of options, Good imitation “meats”, Lovely atmosphere

CliveHughes

Points +261

12 Oct 2023

Fantastic food

Franchia's Vegan Café is less a café and more an Asian restaurant. The menu is extensive and innovative and modern. The dishes I had were delicious: soju mojito, stuffed mushrooms and Franchia's noodles. Portion sizes were good.

Pros: Efficient service , Innovative menu , Healthy but comforting food

HMilton87

Points +158

18 Sep 2023

So many great options

We had the Kimchi Jeon, Japchae dumplings and the mapo tofu. All three were absolutely delicious, and they were generous portions

portiii

Points +537

29 Jul 2023

Absolutely amazing

The restaurant was fully booked when we arrived but the waiter found a table for us with a time restriction. The fold was so delicious and there were so many dishes to choose from!

RERSC07

Points +111

28 Jul 2023

Excellent food

The food is consistently good and the service is excellent. Also great location. Go here every time I’m in NYC. Highly recommend!

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-28

DonnaB.

Points +29

Mostly Veg
22 Jul 2023

Great experience

Delicious food, enjoyable dining experience. Visited on a trip to New York based on reviews found here and wasn't disappointed!

Pros: Satisfying portions , Menu variety, Attentive service

tfish

Points +2398

16 Jun 2023

Phenomenal small plates

We should have just ordered like 5 small plates to share between the two of us. All were delicious. The main we ordered was the bulgogi, which actually was the only item that wasn't incredible (still was good though). Good meal all around. Was somewhere in the $40pp range for dinner without drinks.

Also, the chocolate cake is ridiculously good—and pretty big, too

DaisyGould

Points +236

11 Jun 2023

So much flavour!

Incredible menu with a lot of choice. Excellently flavourful vegan meat substitutes and perfectly fried veggies! All the food we got felt very light and filled us up without that heavy, too-full feeling. I would recommend getting the drunken basil noodles and the combo dumplings.

Pros: Extensive menu, Very fast service, Everything tastes great!

adalea

Points +944

02 Jun 2023

Beloved

Went with family when I first moved to New York. Thought the food was really good😄

Depvegan

Points +54

21 May 2023

Lots of options.

Location is great if your going shopping on 34th street.

Pros: The Malaysian rice is great with some avocado. , Food made freshly and avocados alway perfect. , Friendly staff and great service.

Cons: Serious about their tips.

AlexvanZijll

Points +32

05 May 2023

Delicious - especially the appetizers

Had a delicious dinner here. My partner and I opted for 1 main dish and 4 appetizers between the two of us, because most of the really exciting options are appetizers (sushi, peking buns, dumplings, etc…). You really can’t go wrong with any of the choices, they were all delicious!

I also very much appreciate the wide variety of meat-substitutes used. This gives each dish a unique quality and stops the dishes from being too similar.

Highly recommended!

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-05

Pros: Delicious, Many choices, Great variety

SophievanBeek

Points +26

05 May 2023

Delicious

Had an excellent dinner, I can recommend the sushi especially. If you are vegan and enjoy Asian cousins (from lots of different countries) this is where you need to go.

SuperSteffi

Points +395

23 Apr 2023

All vegan, great prices!

This place is super cozy, the food was fresh and delicious, our waiter very attentive and friendly. Definitely recommend

Pros: Everything is vegan , Good prices, Great service

FrauBausFamM

Points +592

22 Apr 2023

Always my first diner in NYC

Love the athmosphere, the food and everything else. It’s not as good as it used to be, but still one of my favorites.