Foy Yin Vegetarian Food Stall - temporarily closed

Blk 628, Ang Mo Kio Ave 4, 01-70, Northeast Singapore, Singapore, 560628

Hawker vegetarian food. No garlic, onion, MSG or eggs. Closed until 9 Jun 2018. Open Tue-Sun 6:00am-2:00pm, 2:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Singaporean

First Review by jacs

Morning Beehoon, Evening Zichar - Edit

I have been eating the veg beehoon here since I was a kid. That's around 25 years ago and the price has also increased from $2 to the current $3.50 per standard packet. Their zai er (vegetarian goose) is also different from the commonly used ones.

Maybe I am biased but I think this used to be one of the best veg beehoon I had. Nowadays, I find the tastiness not as consistent as before even though it is usually the same uncle cooking throughout. The earlier batches of beehoon cooked in the morning usually taste better.

One thing worth praising is that their fried tau kwa always taste fresh. Take note that fried tau kwa is not included in their standard beehoon set. You can also order tauhu goreng if you want something different.

I am not sure what time they change personnel but the morning beehoon team is completely different from the evening zichar team.

Some of the zi char dishes I like here are fried hokkien mee, mock duck rice, mock fish slice beehoon soup (ask to omit milk if you are vegan) and mock curry chicken rice.

Both morning and evening teams do not use eggs as mentioned above but I seriously doubt that no MSG is used for the zichar.

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-20

Pros: Morning beehoon - zai er (vegetarian goose), Evening zichar - fried hokkien mee

Cons: Crowded hawker centre, Slow clearing of plates/no self clearing system

Quite Edible - Edit

Within walking distance from my alma mater Anderson Junior College.

Pros: Meatless, Beefless

Return to Northeast Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Foy Yin Vegetarian Food Stall - temporarily closed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.