First Review by Caryne

Fantastic place to stay - Edit

I stayed here for two nights, and loved it! The location is good, it's a really great base for exploring the Lakes. We stayed in the Sunflower Room, which was big, bright, clean and comfortable. The owners were really helpful and gave us some good advice about where to go - there are also lots of leaflets to help you if you're undecided. The breakfast spread is excellent - since becoming vegan, I've always felt a bit short-changed by breakfast buffets, and it was nice to have my pick here! The evening meals are only £15 for 3 courses, and you get some good hearty home cooking. We'll definitely be back next year!

Best Vegan B&B - Edit

This is my favourite B&B and the best place to stay when in the Lakes.
Comfortable rooms, excellent food with generous portions and the owners are great.
I love staying here.

Pros: Great food, comfortable rooms, good value.

Cons: Can get booked up!

Home from home - Edit

We spent a weekend here last month and the family couldn't have been friendlier. My husband quizzed them at length about walks, and kayaks and bikes and blah blah and they didn't get sick of him. ;-)
Lovely choice of cooked breakfasts or usual cereal and fruit etc and optional 3 course evening meals (with a choice of two starters and desserts), which were lovely to go 'home' to.
My husband doesn't refer to the B&B by name, he just talks about 'Sylvia and Chris's'. :-)
We don't have many holidays but definitely intent to visit again and again.

Pros: Completely vegan, inc toiletries, Evening meals, Warm and friendly

Cons: 10 min drive from Windermere

More than a B&B - Edit

Just spent 5 nights at Fox Hall and had a great time.
Room was super cosy and comfortable and full of useful things like a hairdryer and a Telly plus tonnes of local leaflets, bus timetables and so on.
Comfortable guest lounge. Really helpful walk information- the owners know the area and have walk sheets & maps and other info. They were always willing to stop and chat and give extra information about local sights.
Breakfasts great and the optional dinners were delicious. 3 courses for £15, choice of soft drinks.
Amazing views of South Lake District and great for walking.

Pros: Great Evening meals, Extensive local knowledge

Cons: Could get very fat!

Vegan Banquet - Edit

The stables have a modest look from the outside. Inside is very clean with no frills. I immediately felt relaxed and at home there. For me the main selling point is the fresh and rather huge vegan banquet presented to us as an evening meal. Bowls of veg to share. Home made crumble. Absolutely loved it. Great value too.

Pros: Value, Big Portions, Friendly

Lovely vegan guest house - Edit

My husband and I found this vegan B&B on happy cow before we were on the trip to lake district. We are so glad that we decided to stay in this vegan place. The house is cosy and comfortable. The room is very clean with fresh flowers picked from the garden. Good selection and big portion for breakfast. Home made dinner suits those who like natural and original taste. Owners are friendly and helpful long term vegans. Price is very reasonable for what you got. Definitely recommend it to friends.

Amazing vegan guesthouse with delicious food - Edit

We really cannot recommend this place highly enough. The rooms are gorgeous, very relaxing and spotlessly clean. The bathrooms are also very nicely decorated with vegan toiletries (Faith in Nature) provided. The owners, Sylvia and Chris, are really friendly and the food is just delicious. All vegan and what a choice, I just didn't know where to start but, if you stay for the optional evening meal, I have to recommend the Cherry Trifle, just like granny used to make. The portions for all meals are huge and after having breakfast you really do not need a lunch though they will make up a packed lunch, for a small extra payment, if needed (we didn't). The location is superb, just minutes from Kendal and only a short drive from Windermere, Bowness etc. If you are a vegetarian/vegan or just love good food don't miss this place. We will definitely be back.

Pros: Vegan, Huge Portions, Friendly and helpful owners

Return to Kendal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fox Hall Vegan B and B closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2431 times since Sep 2011.