Forward to Ethiopia

• ( 9 reviews )

6A Wellgate , Rotherham, England, S60 2LR

Vegan Rastafarian take-away. Open Mon-Fri 09:00-21:00. Closed Sat and Sun.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Rastafarian, African, Ethiopian

First Review by ▶Lee

DaveGalloway

Points +22

05 Nov 2021

Fantastic Quality Vegan Food.

The food is amazing! The service is amazing. Freshly made by the amazing owner (with the assistance of the Almighty Rastafari).

Pros: Freshly made food., Vegan options, Great customer service

Cons: Food is too Good, Can't get enough, Want to go back for more.

DemiVegan

Points +16

18 Sep 2020

Good Vegan Food

I’ve visited this restaurant a few times now and the food is always good.

Pros: Good vegan food

¥og$othoth

Points +29

19 Aug 2020

Best Jamaican ever

Great eatery, great service and amazing food. Entirely vegan ethiopian /jamaican goodness.

Pros: All vegan all tasty

Jono&Rach

Points +30

06 Jul 2020

Excellent

Excellent food and fantastic friendly service, well worth a visit I will certainly be returning asap.

Pros: All vegan, Reasonably priced, Fantastic

Cons: None at all

LukeBurch

Points +56

25 Nov 2019

Great food and service

I went to this place as I was working up in Rotherham. I had a really good curry and the guy working there was really friendly.

I’d heard from other reviews that the guy working there was Rastafarian and he blessed your food. However the guy serving me was the whitest northern kid I’d ever seen and definitely not Rastafarian. I was sort of hoping he would bless my food still but it didn’t happen!

Didn’t detract from the experience though - I will be going back next time I’m in the area for work!

Pros: Lots of choice , Reasonable price, Only legit vegan place in Rotherham

Cons: Didn’t get my food blessed

matthewisvegan

Points +46

10 Apr 2019

Amazing

This place is such a treat to have in Rotherham. I’ve been several times and each time the food has been amazing, wholesome, fulfilling, and always full of flavour.

Service is brilliant and comes with a blessing which is always nice, even if you’re not religious!

Definitely recommend to anyone, vegan or not.

Pros: Fully vegan menu, Friendly service , Amazing food

▶Lee

Points +100

19 Nov 2018

The First in Town

It's okay. (had chic pea curry, salt/pepper tofu/rice). Curry 7/10, rice bog standard 4/10. Curry to rice ratio could be improved seeing as smallest take out is £7:50. We liked it. Too expensive to be a regular pre match visit next season. It's not a restaurant though. Good start. Plenty of curry options. Not sure if fresh made or warm up in pots. Didn't think to ask at the time. The small option is quite big due to packed out with lots of rice. Uses cardboard boxes / wood spoons, good man !!

Updated from previous review on 2018-07-06

Pros: First vegan outlet in town, Uses card box & wood utensils, Takeaway convenience

Cons: Need a cheaper option size for lunches., Its not a restaurant. Takeaway+ a 3 stool wall bar

nathanjh13

Points +322

28 Jul 2018

Nice but dear and religious

Curry nice and a good selection, also a good selection of grains. Would sooner get half the portion for half the price. Had a plantain fritter which tasted nice but threw it away as texture really tough, maybe should have had it hot. The guy actually takes your hands on the food before payment and 'blesses" you. It's nonsense and a waste of time and ruins the experience. Like all religions really. Either way I'll not return which is a shame as its 100% Vegan.

Pros: Nice curries, Good selection, 100% vegan

Cons: Religious bs, total delay, just feed me. , Expensive, Rotherham

itsmeagain

21 Jan 2019

Somehow I doubt it`ll be a shame for the cafe.

Cow-Is-Happy:)

Points +34

16 Jul 2018

Rasta cafe with 10/10 curries

Has a daily variety of 4/5 different curries with a choice of rice & peas, quinoa or cous cous. Also offers wraps, smoothies,
The guy who owns the cafe also has his own health products available in the shop next door.

Pros: Big portions , Tastes amazing

Return to Rotherham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Forward to Ethiopia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.