Fortuitea Cafe and Bakery

Contact 724-222-2442

1445 Washington Rd (at Route 19), Washington, Pennsylvania, USA, 15301

Vegan cafe and bakery serving coffee, loose leaf tea, soup, sandwiches, salads, and baked goods. Afternoon tea consists of tea or coffee, finger sandwiches, scones, and pastries. Has Wi-Fi. Located in The Shoppes at Quail Acres and close to Tanger Outlets and the Meadows Racetrack and Casino. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Bakery, Catering

First Review by Steph88

just so phenomenal - Edit

Boyfriend came upon this very cute cafe en route north and called to find that they are open on New Year's Eve. Great kind and patient service and we ordered enough to last us for New Year's Day! Definitely happy to support a great vegan business, come here if you're ever in the area!

worth the drive! - Edit

My husband and I decided to drive an hour and 20 minutes to try this restaurant after reading the reviews. We were not dissapointed. The French onion soup and potato corn chowder were delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed the open faced meatloaf sandwich and my husband loved his brisket sandwich. we will go back again

Pros: varied menu and beautiful desserts

Cons: too far from home

Cozy & delicious! - Edit

The setting reminds me of being at Grandma's house and it smells like it too! The staff is super friendly and willing to talk it's customers. The menu has an eclectic variety of cuisine and it tastes so good I'm willing to be a non-vegan couldn't tell it was vegan!

Pros: All vegan menu including desserts & 100+ teas and

love this place - Edit

What a great vegan spot to eat. Real home style cooking. Baked goods are amazing too. Everything my family and I had was good. We will be back frequently.

Pros: vegan, delicious, open every day

BEST FLAVOR I'VE EVER TASTED! - Edit

I stumbled upon this restaurant when I searched 'vegan only' on my Happy Cow app. All the previous 7 reviews had me convinced I must try this place ASAP! Boy am I glad that I did! I have never tasted food so wonderfully flavored in my life!

My boyfriend and I are both vegan so we tried this place out the other night. First off, the whole cozy home feeling of the restaurant is so cute and adorable I was already hooked with this place. Secondly, the staff were super friendly and welcoming. One of the nice ladies quickly took our drink order and told us to seat anywhere we'd like to. This menu is absolutely huge for vegans! My boyfriend and I were in paradise! We wanted to try everything!

We finally settled on the bruschetta which was the freshest and sweetest tasting bruschetta I've ever eaten. I ordered the vegan cashew Mac and cheese with broccoli and onions. Absolutely perfection! SO MUCH DANG FLAVOR. My boyfriend ordered the sweet potato and black bean burger. His taste buds were singing the entire time he devoured it. We also ordered a small mozzarella pizza which was fantastic! I don't think it's possible for this place to have bad tasting food.

Lastly, we both ordered the chocolate chip cheesecake which was so sweet yet not too overpowering with sugar. We also took some double chocolate chip cookies for the drive home.

I promise you, whoever is reading this, try this place! Even if you're not vegan, there will be one item here you will enjoy! It's THAT good!
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 15, 2015

Pros: Exceptional flavor, Reasonably priced , Decent hours

Cons: Not super close to our house

Vegan marvel near Little Washington - Edit

I knew my spouse and I would be passing through on the interstate at lunchtime and I checked Happy Cow just in case, not really expecting any listings along our rural route. What a happy surprise to find Fortuitea Cafe. Fortuity indeed! Off the beaten track, to say the least.

The food was outstanding in both taste and presentation. It soon became clear that the chef is talented and imaginative, probably even brilliant. I was much intrigued to find French onion soup on the menu, a favorite of mine in the days when I ate dairy but it's been more than 25 years since I've had a taste. My expectations weren't high -- I thought it might be interesting to see how "mock" French onion soup would look and taste. There was nothing mock about it. One of the all-time best French onion soups I've ever had, if not THE best. Incredibly satisfying. We went on to have the Mexican black bean hummus wrap and the tomato and mozzarella panini. Both beautifully presented and delicious. The chips were unusual and very good.

A highlight was meeting and having a low-key, warm conversation with the chef, who made a brief foray out of the kitchen to chat with the clientele. I wish I'd gotten his name. I assume he's the owner or co-owner of the restaurant. If this place were near my home I'd be a frequent guest. It's a real treasure.

Pros: Food is gourmet quality but unostentatious, Pleasant, friendly atmosphere, Inexpensive -- a terrific value

Cons: It's not near my home

ATTN: THIS PLACE IS AMAZING - Edit

Everything is vegan and delicious! Even the baked goods! This place is such a cute, warm, and welcoming cafe that just makes you feel right at home. The food is simply amazing. Fresh ingredients, great flavors, reasonable prices, and lots of options.

Get the Mac'n'Cheese. The sweet potato hummus is delicious as well. I want to go everyday. Go here!

fortuitea 16 Aug 2015 - Thank you! Please do come and see us everyday! :)

Awesome place to load up on the go - Edit

I'm always looking for places to stop when traveling. Got enough food to make it to my destination. Everything was delicious and service excellent since we stopped by when they opened!

Pros: Delicious , Affordable

Cons: Hard to find if you aren't from the area

fortuitea 16 Aug 2015 - Thanks Dawn! I hope you'll make us part of your regular itinerary :)

Delicious and 100% Vegan - Edit

This cafe and coffee/tea house is an hour and a half drive for me, and it's so worth the drive. The food is always beautifully presented, and the menu continually expands: Gourmet pizzas, asparagus sandwiches, meatloaf, mac-and-cheese, gourmet salads, chili, and the best potato-and-corn chowder I've ever had...your choice of healthy raw food and comfort food, as well.

Their breads and desserts are simply amazing. And they'll prepare special requests if you order ahead. They just made a cornbread cake with peanut butter icing for my son's birthday and it was absolutely delicious!

They have a very large selection of loose-leaf teas and whole-bean coffees, as well as teapots, teacups, French presses and other related items for sale, too.

The staff is friendly and attentive, making Fortuitea a wonderful stop on your drive, or a destination of its own.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, So Many Choices

fortuitea 16 Aug 2015 - We're always glad when you make the trip to see us! We always look forward to your next visit and are happy to whip up whatever you need whenever you order ahead :)

Afternoon snack - Edit

My non-vegan husband and I stopped in for treat while in the area. The service was wonderful making suggestions for coffee and tea. We only had dessert but really enjoyed it! I would like to go back again to try the soups and sandwiches but no time on this trip.

Pros: service, food

Cons: It is not in the state I live in.

fortuitea 16 Aug 2015 - We hope you will make more time for us on your next trip! :)

Is this all VEGAN, I asked!!!! - Edit

Stumbled upon a wonderful little vegan cafe. I glanced excitedly up at the chalkboard of entrees. I wanted to order EVERYTHING!!! The food was tasty and the atmosphere was very homey and comfortable. The owners were very friendly and personable. They also sell some wonderful flavored teas and coffees and if you need a gift for yourself or as a present they sell some specialty coffee and tea items, cups, teapots, strainers, french presses, etc. A great little place now on my list of GO TO's.

Pros: Good food, Nice atmosphere, Friendly service

fortuitea 16 Aug 2015 - Everything is vegan ALL of the time! We keep expanding our menu to keep giving you reasons to come again and again :)

great homemade vegan food! - Edit

My husband and I were so excited to find a vegan restaurant on our long drive to Florida. Found it through happy cow and it was exactly what we needed. Soups, grilled sandwiches, and desserts all homemade and vegan! Great prices, great service and great coffee! Will definitely be stopping on the way home.

2 Responses

Vegan Captioner 16 Jul 2015 - And since your review in December of last year, their hours have made it easier to get there. Currently, they're open seven days a week until 8 P.M. :)

fortuitea 16 Aug 2015 - We hope to see you again on your next trip to sunny Florida! We have lots of new things for you to try :)

Return to Washington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fortuitea Cafe and Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.