First Review by mjthomson

Good value for money! - Edit

It was my first veggie restaurant in St John's. I took four dishes to take away (rice with seitan, kimchi, bun, and dumplings). Everything was very good and not expensive considering the portions' size. The owners were very friendly and helpful and dishes were served quickly. I recommand this place without a doubt!

Pros: 100% vegan, good food, fair prices, friendly staff

Cons: closed early

New Tea-rific Restaurant in St. John's! - Edit

My partner and I used to always look forward to visiting the Formosa Tea House when it was located in Charlottetown, whenever we came back east, and were saddened last year when we learned it had closed. Imagine our joyful surprise when we accidentally discovered it had relocated to St. John's this summer! As in the past, the small, but not cramped-feeling restaurant, has a calming, peaceful atmosphere, and is run by a friendly family from Taiwan. The menu is limited to less than 10 dishes - including noodle bowls, sticky rice in leaf wraps, pot stickers etc. - but really it's all you need! Of course the tea selection is extensive and carefully served, and, in the summertime, they offer tall glasses of freshly-made iced tea and lemonade. Highly recommended!

Pros: friendly staff, healthy cuisine, sensible portions

Return to St Johns Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Formosa Tea House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3487 times since Aug 2012.