Formosa Tea House

Contact 709-579-8973

15 Lemarchant Rd, Newfoundland and Labrador (at Longs Hill), St Johns, Newfoundland, Canada, A1C2G4

A tea house with a small menu of Buddhist vegan dishes. Open Mon-Tue 12:00pm-7:00pm, Wed 12:00pm-5:00pm, Thu-Fri 12:00pm-7:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Buddhist

First Review by mjthomson

Excellent Place for a Delicious Lunch! - Edit

I went here today for lunch with my omnivorous mother, and we ordered a bunch of different items from the menu to share. The prices were good and made it a little too easy to order many things.
The service was friendly and very prompt.
We both loved the buns, dumplings and curry rice! They were just delicious! I also had the cold noodles, kimchi and sushi, and while my mother wasn't a big fan, I thought they were all very good and finished them all. We also ordered the sticky rice, and while it was pretty flavorful, it was a bit too salty for me.
When it came to the teas, unfortunately, all of their milk teas use cow's milk, but the server was very eager to tell me the choices I had otherwise. I had a black ice tea, and it was so good I ordered two! My mom had a black coffee, and thought it was perfect, as well.
The atmosphere was bright and open.
We left this place very full and satisfied, and will certainly be back again soon!

Pros: Flavourful, Reasonable Prices, Prompt and Friendly Service

Cons: Uses cow's milk in tea

Good value for money! - Edit

It was my first veggie restaurant in St John's. I took four dishes to take away (rice with seitan, kimchi, bun, and dumplings). Everything was very good and not expensive considering the portions' size. The owners were very friendly and helpful and dishes were served quickly. I recommand this place without a doubt!

Pros: 100% vegan, good food, fair prices, friendly staff

Cons: closed early

New Tea-rific Restaurant in St. John's! - Edit

My partner and I used to always look forward to visiting the Formosa Tea House when it was located in Charlottetown, whenever we came back east, and were saddened last year when we learned it had closed. Imagine our joyful surprise when we accidentally discovered it had relocated to St. John's this summer! As in the past, the small, but not cramped-feeling restaurant, has a calming, peaceful atmosphere, and is run by a friendly family from Taiwan. The menu is limited to less than 10 dishes - including noodle bowls, sticky rice in leaf wraps, pot stickers etc. - but really it's all you need! Of course the tea selection is extensive and carefully served, and, in the summertime, they offer tall glasses of freshly-made iced tea and lemonade. Highly recommended!

Pros: friendly staff, healthy cuisine, sensible portions

Return to St Johns Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Formosa Tea House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3761 times since Aug 2012.