First Review by JohnTheVegan

Fast Food restaurant, dont bother healthy eating - Edit

I had quite high expectation based on the rating and that they advertised 100%. But was quite disappointed as even they serve vegan food, they don’t bother to check if it’s healthy or not. On the menu they have regular French fries full of fatty oil and the bans which come with the burgers are not even whole grain, just a regular bans. The place is nice, new and well furnished, but I guess people go to vegan restaurant to get healthy food, not junk McDonald style.
On my complaint the response was, “we are fast food restaurant”. Pity, they could achieve much more.

Pros: Well furnished, City Centre

Cons: They use deep fryer to cook food, Serve regular beer in vegan restaurant, Fast Food restaurant, dont bother healthy eating

Not so good - Edit

We had pretty high expectations from this place. They have a nice area with vegan food in the entrance and the atmosphere is really nice. We wanted to have cake but there was only one cake and another very small dessert, both didn't seem tasty or impressive at all!
Eventually we ordered two shakes. The were fairly warm and we didn't get straws. The waiter told us they were both sold out....... The shakes didn't taste good at all. We drank one of them because we were so hungry but left the other one almost completely full.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-01

Pros: Atmosphere

Cons: Not tasty, Small variety of desserts

Pretty Impressed - Edit

So far I've visited this place three times: two times I had company, third time I just went there to buy some goods (vegan cheese, coconut blossom sugar, nicecream and soy-based sour cream drink - the slovak company that manufactures it is called Lunter, be sure to check them out).
Writing this just to say that you can also do some vegan shopping at Forky's, in affordable price range. They also have their own branding on coconut oil and wines.

The foods we've tried on our more social visit were great. The nofish'n'chips were a bit on the too-salty side, and also very greasy but apart from that, delicious. For me, I'm used more to the rawfood and macrobiotic experience of the vegan spectrum, so mock meats and processed foods are not really my thing.

I tried their concept called "superfood bowl". I have to say it's really awesome. For 80Kc you get the basic salad with 100g of quinoa and greens. Then for every 20Kc you add up an ingredient of your choice. I chose marinated shiitake shrooms, but there were some other options available such as "chicken" strips. I'd expect more *real* superfoods, not just mock meats and beans, though.
You can then choose from one of the pretty awesome sauces - "egg" (with kala namak), BBQ, curried, etc....

We also tried their Tom Kha Gai, Thai coconut soup, with a side of rice. It was one of the best of its kind I've ever tasted, but then, I've never been to Thailand. But I've had some like it in Loving Hut too.

We also had their lentil balls which are said to be great, but to be honest, we found them kind of unsatisfying and bland. But the dressings were lush!

The personnel there were super friendly and helpful. If you ever get the chance to visit Forky's, then, I really recommend it!

Pros: excellent food indeed!, shop with high quality ingredients and brands, minimalistic interior

Cons: some of the meals, but that's just my taste habits

Delicious! - Edit

We went with non vegan friends and we all loved their juicy burgers. We returned every day during our stay in Brno, the food is delicious, staff friendly, they've got heavenly ice cream and a little shop. Genius location next to the popular bar Na stojaka and close to main square. Trying the raw wrap us an absolute must!

Pros: Tasty food, Wide choice, Great location

Good food, nice place, great dessert - Edit

I recently visited Forky´s twice with my boyfriend.
I tried Mexican tortilla (very good) and a Cheeseburger (good). Also from dessert it was Brownie (awesome, I swear best brownie I ever had in CZ).

Food is on a standardly good level (even though I did not like the burger that much but the veggie fries were very good and I like all the sauces they serve).

I definitely can recommend - nice food for a great value. This place is cheap and also offers some selection of food you can buy and take home (Gardeins, vegan cheese, vegan ice cream). I have to also say that the interior is very pretty - clean and not over decorated.

Pros: Good food, Good price, Nice place

Great vegan experience - Edit

Forky was our first experience of vegan food, in Brno.
The first time, it was just a cake and drink, but we simply had to go back and enjoy tge full meal!

We really enjoyed it there, staff was really friendly and we also were pleased by a good variety of tasty food.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Modern restaurant, Shop connected with the restaurant

Cons: Portions were a bit small

Good quality vegan food - Edit

Frorky's is great! The first time, we dropped in for just a cake and drink and the second time, we enjoyed a full meal.

The menu offers a good variety of food so there should be something for everyone. In addition to this, there is also a selection of specialist vegan ingredients that you can buy to take home.

Highly recommended if you find yourself in Brno!

Pros: Modern setting with a great atmosphere , Good quality food

Cons: Portion sizes are a little small

Chep & Delicious Food - Edit

Forky's is a modern and hip place, offering burgers, curries and other vegan dishes. I tried the cheese-burger with veggie-fries & dips, which I paid approx. 5€ for in total. The food was fresh and delicious and even my non-vegan friend was thrilled about the food. Good atmosphere and friendly staff - definitely a place I would visit again!

Pros: delicious food, cheap prices, friendly staff

awesome food, friendly service, cool decor - Edit

Forky's represents a new wave of vegan restaurants. It's cool and tasty, so anyone will love it, not 'only' vegans. Walk in, be stunned, enjoy the food and discover a whole new world of tasty food without any animal stuff :)

Pros: friendly staff, great food, many options

Modern Vegan Place - Edit

Modern vegan non-smoking restaurant/bistro in the centre of Brno! Easy to find, good prices and delicious offers. I have tried tortillas which were amazing and I am looking forward to my next visit! As well, you can buy some selected vegan products like veganline cheese etc. Hope that in the future there will be broader menu options! But so far, so good! :-)

Pros: Modern, Good location, Nice vibes

BEST burger I have ever eaten - Edit

The fitout is absolutely amazing & so is the food. This place is a must for vegan travelers. I had the cheeseburger (145 Kc) and I suggest you should definitely try it. Staff were lovely & spoke English. Also has an English menu.
100% Will eat here again

Pros: Fully vegan, Really cheap, Lovely Staff

Cons: Zero cons.

Return to Brno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Forky's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.