forged

518-565-0122

122 Main St, Hudson Falls, New York, USA, 12839

Serves meat, vegan options available. A higher end gastropub that offers clearly labeled vegan, vegan & gluten free and choices that could be made vegan. Farm to table concept. Open Mon-Sat 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-2:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by KaitlynnGill

Worth the drive! - Edit

Delicious and mindful for us non meat eating folk! Chef AJ did a great job creating thoughtful and delicious dishes that aren't only pasta primavera or salad. Chef AJ consulted with a local vegan who is active on a vegan blog she keeps up with for the area for his menu selections. Got the vegan escabetche which was delightful and loved all the pickling. Had the Cajun tofu for dinner, small portion as the escabetche was so large although it was located under the small plates. For dessert I was just barely able to gobble up the black bean brownie. The vegan whipped cream to candied coconut and thick fudge and brownie... worth the trip alone. Chef AJ recently trained under a Michelin star chef and renovated this old court house into a beautiful and charming restaurant. Highly recommend!

Pros: Options from starters to desserts!, Great ambience, Plenty of parking

Cons: Too far away from my house!

KaitlynnGill 06 Jul 2017 - Went again last night with my vegan sister and ordered the same meal but added the grilled romain salad as an app. My sister repeated four times to make everything vegan (the escabetche and Cajun tofu was already vegan, the romain had cheese and just needed to remove it to be vegan) I thought it was overkill how much she repeated it to be made vegan but apparently not. The grilled romain came out with cheese on it which I didn't notice until after I took a bite and definitely noticed an issue, when asking the waitress she said she didn't know if it was cheese and checked with the kitchen and said that it was cheese. When I pointed out that we asked numerous times for it to be made vegan she apologized and redid it and made it vegan. Although they replaced it they did not take it off the menu which I believe they should have done because I've already ingested the cheese and if I were allergic then it would have been a different story. Was still a nice meal but disappointed over the cheese snafu as I felt guilty all night for unknowingly eating it and then having digestive issues all morning because of it.

Return to Hudson Falls Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has forged closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.