Forage

• ( 7 reviews )

14600 Detroit Ave, Lakewood, Ohio, USA, 44107

Serves meat, vegan options available. Gastropub with a rotating seasonal menu that usually has 2 or so vegan choices -- might include a mac n cheese or a mushroom bread pudding. On Thursday it offers an extended vegan menu. Use local and some organic products. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by JamesWhite

MSchlat

Points +113

26 Oct 2021

Not great

Had the vegan chicken and waffles. Was not a fan of the waffle or the "chicken". Service wasn't great either. Wouldn't go again.

MikaylaSizer

Points +53

06 Dec 2020

Good, but could see improvement

The cauliflower tacos were so good! I wish I got the full app instead of the Mac. Mac was okay, didn’t taste like Mac, was bland but still had a good flavor. Maybe more of a casserole?the offer vegan ice cream ! Didn’t try it yet.

Pros: A few Vegan options including dessert , Sunday brunch in addition to full menu , Nice atmosphere

Cons: Burgers are expensive for vegans , Vegan Mac was bland and not creamy

Arnoldj3186

Points +36

31 Jul 2020

One of our favs

I'm vegan, partner is vegetarian. This is one of our favs

ElizabethMae

Points +417

09 Feb 2019

Pass on the chx and waffles

I got the “chicken and waffles” just because I never even had it when I was omni, so I was very curious and in the mood for something new. It wasn’t good. Very greasy and the waffle was dry and bland. I’m not sure why I ate the whole thing. Giving three stars because the atmosphere was nice, drinks were good, and my friends all seemed to like their meals. I will try again and order something else.

evenstar

Points +160

28 Nov 2018

Half price Impossible Burger on Mondays

Probably the best Impossible Burger outside of Melt. Vegetarians will get hit on price if adding cheese and/or fried egg, getting close to original price of $11 the more toppings you add ($1 for pickled red onion?!).

Pros: Cheapest Impossible Burger (Mondays)

Cons: Additional toppings can cost a lot extra

shineonyou

Points +670

03 Jul 2017

Nice place, but vegan options hit or miss

Nice environment, good drink menu, and great hours. We arrived in Lakewood quite late, so I was happy to find a place that caters to vegans open so late.

The menu isn’t listed online, but they had a few options, something on each section of the menu basically. I got the vegan mac n cheese, which is advertised as a starter, and shared it with my husband. It was pretty OK. I’ve had some life changing vegan mac n cheese, and this wasn’t it, but it was solid enough.

I also got the vegan chicken and waffles. The “chicken” was battered mushrooms, basically, and they were quite oily and salty, and the waffles actually weren’t that great either.

I would go again, but probably scan the menu for the least ambitious/most difficult-to-screw-up vegan thing on the menu. I recommend that you do so. My non-vegan dining partners were happy with their food.

Pros: Open late, Drink menu, Several vegan options

Cons: Vegan options are hit or miss taste-wise

JamesWhite

Points +32

21 Nov 2016

Most Excellent Vegan Mac-n-?

What word to use in place of (whiz)?

The baked (broiled?) top on the Man-n? is scrumptious as is all of it.

I enjoyed, i recommend.

Jim

Pros: Nice to sit to a great meal, Healthy food, Chef is an artist

Return to Lakewood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Forage closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2020 times.