Foosia Asia Fresh

Contact 480-389-1520

13610 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 1, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 85254

Serves meat, vegan options available. Choice of rice noodles, jasmine rice, brown rice or mixed greens, crispy tofu, wok glazed or steamed veggies, assortment of vegan sauces, assortment of vegan toppings (chiles, peanuts, bean sprouts, etc).

Category: Chinese, Thai, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Foosia not so fresh - Edit

They had poor Service, were very picky with veggie portions, and were annoyed with my questions about their sauces. I heard one sauce contains fish, so I asked about a few others.
I had brown rice with steamed veggies,crispy tofu, and a few other additions. I've had very good crispy tofu, and this wasn't it. Their veggies were very sad looking, not very fresh at all. I only went in to use a gift card that was given to me by my job, and I won't be returning. If you go, prepare yourself for some very mundane food that would surely be better if you cooked it yourself. The only reason I could see any sensible vegan or vegetarian visiting this place is if they're desperate, and there aren't any other options nearby.

Pros: Looks clean, Outdoor Seating, Not busy

Cons: Poor Service, Low quality food, Over-priced

Fresh New Veg-Friendly Option in N Scottsdale - Edit

Foosia Asia Fresh is new to the neighborhood, having just opened this year. They sent out coupons for a free entree so we went and checked them out.

It's a nice, large building, on the SW corner of Thunderbird & N Scottsdale Rd; you can see them from the street.

You enter the line and choose from available selections, which can be seen on the other side of the glass (like the Chipotle set up). The dishes are all bowls.

Vegan options for your bowl include Jasmine rice, brown rice, mixed greens, or chilled rice noodles.

The vegan protein is the Crispy Tofu (I'm not a tofu fan, but theirs is very tasty, and not mushy like some tofu can be)

Add the Foosia Fresh Mix (a blend of veggies) in your choice of wok glazed or steamed

There are 7 sauces from which to choose, but only 6 are vegan/vegetarian. My fav is the Holy Foobanero sauce; spicy with a hint of sweet. Stay away from the Muay Thai Vinaigrette; it's made with a fish sauce.

The only toppings that are NOT vegan are the hard boiled egg (obviously), and the crispy wonton wrappers (it was discovered later that they are made with eggs). You can add as many toppings as you'd like. (All toppings are vegetarian-friendly)

The tofu bowl is $7.50, and it was enough to last 2 days. I went late in the evening and the food was still fresh. I loved the flavors!

Plenty of seating. Plenty of parking (it's in a strip mall). Clean. Cool "go to" spot if you're dining with omnivores.

Pros: fresh, tasty vegan options

Return to Scottsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Foosia Asia Fresh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1463 times since Apr 2014.