Foodilic

• ( 6 reviews )

85 Putney High St, South West London, England, SW15 1SR

Serves meat, vegan options available. Buffet style cafe offering healthier food, including various vegan salads. Fair trade and organic tea. Open Mon-Sat 08:00-22:00, Sun 08:00-20:00.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by chrisenpresence

S.ura.j

Points +28

20 Apr 2021

Please don’t eat here

It’s such a shame, I wanted to like this place for how much they promoted their vegan options, but don’t be fooled. They are just using veganism to get people through the door.

I ordered a vegan breakfast and a friend ordered a bacon roll. To our surprise, the lady behind the counter put the bacon amongst the vegan breakfast on the oven tray. The meat was touching the vegan breakfast, and bacon releases fat whilst cooking so even if they weren’t touching each other that would be an issue.

When we asked for them to re-make the vegan meal the lady behind the counter nodded, and then proceeded to do nothing about it. I asked again if she was going to make it fresh and she said “but it’s already in the oven”.

I then didn’t feel comfortable eating there as I don’t think they understand cross contamination or how vegans feel about eating meat/traces of it, so I asked for a refund. The manager begrudgingly gave me my money back, complete with the dirtiest look I’ve ever received.

Don’t eat here if you’re vegan and care about your food being prepared with meat alongside! The staff are clueless and rude.

lmd14

Points +216

31 Jul 2020

Hit and Miss

Buffet can either be fantastic or a total let down (I guess it must be depending on what chef they have). All the dishes are the same but sometimes the food can be far too oily and salty or the food is amazing! It's cheap though so worth it for the hit or miss!!

The breakfast is a total let down.

AnnaPorter

Points +118

27 Aug 2019

Breakfast was not great

Excited to try the vegan breakfast which this place was advertising out front however upon ordering they didn’t have some key ingredients to make it, but kindly offered to whip up what they could. The breakfast was missing the beans and scramble so can’t comment on those but the remainder wasn’t great. Sausages were cold, no butter on toast, eggplant bacon not appetising. We also ordered smashed avo on toast which was ok but quite underwhelming. Maybe we got them on an off day but I would say to skip the breakfast options here based on our experience.

Pros: Good location, Nice staff

Cons: Food (breakfast) not great

vegan3m

Points +1363

22 Jul 2019

Great vegan buffet

Many great vegan choices at the buffet.
The food tastes really good and it is all cooked fresh everyday.

Takeaway box costs £4.50.
Sit in all you can eat buffet costs £7.00.

I would definitely recommend coming here if you want healthy, fresh vegan food.

Pros: Almost all options are vegan, Healthy and fresh food , Friendly and helpful staff

Cons: Serves meat

chrisenpresence

Points +62

07 Jul 2019

Lovely food, but hit and miss.

Love this place. Total bargain. Lots to choose from and delicious! But a hit and miss, I’ve been a few times and twice it’s been awesome, and other times it’s been mediocre and untidy.

Veganforlifelondon

Points +29

27 Jun 2019

£7 all you can eat Vegan buffet

The best tasting Vegan buffet in London. 12 of the 14 delicious dishes on display are Vegan. This place caters mostly to Vegans and it shows. The staff is super friendly, relaxing atmosphere, right on the high street. A 3 minute walk from Putney Bridge station.

Pros: Rock bottom price , Buffet, Large choice of dishes

Cons: No more locations. , No breakfast buffet, Poor choice of bread to choose

Return to South West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Foodilic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.