Lacto
Mediterranean
European
Turkish, Bosnian
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Self described as "European, Turkish, Grill, Italian, and Vegetarian," this restaurant is 5 minutes from the Mostar bridge and offers plenty of covered seating outside. Try the falafel, aubergine, and simple rice dishes. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:00pm.

Venue map for Food House
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Pummell

neseliol

Points +161

28 Oct 2023

Good taste

There are vegan options, the food is delicious and prices are normal

Pros: Vegan burger, Tasty

nikoko

Points +156

25 Oct 2023

Good Food, couple options

We had the burger and the falafel wrap. Both were good, prices were ok and the service very good

Pros: Good food , Good service

rhaggar

Points +21

07 Oct 2023

Good, traditional vegan options

Have a vegetarian section of their menu with several options that are vegan or can be made vegan. Includes several traditional dishes which were delicious and hearty, and perfect for the cosy location.

Pros: Traditional food, Nice atmosphere, Multiple vegan options

r.evans

Points +118

20 Aug 2023

Amazing vegi/vegan restaurant

Big menu. Lovely attentive staff. Tasty food. Nice atmosphere

Pros: Value , Taste, Options

revokata

Points +333

20 Aug 2023

Ok for lunch

This place is good if you’re with non-vegan friends/family. I’ve had the stuffed eggplants which was fair, big portion, but too oily for me. Service was poor, when i asked the waiter if it’s really vegan (don’t include milk, etc) he looked at me like i was stupid. I usually ask this because many restaurants don’t know what vegan means and put cheese on “vegan” meals, his reaction and attitude was rude.

Cons: rude service

LindseySelleck

Points +163

18 Aug 2023

Alright food, poor service

When we were here we waited over an hour for our food and the service was a little poor.

Food was okay, nothing special when I took the mixed veg platter.

NikoletaSadloňová

Points +52

17 Aug 2023

Nice food

Thay have few variations of vegan, gluten free and diary free food. I had burger which was a bit dry but the taste was good.

Pros: Atmosphere , Kind stuff , Place

Cons: Prices

veganjen83

Points +294

13 Aug 2023

Nice food

A few options for vegans, food was really tasty and it’s a nice setting.

ManuHa

Points +77

02 Aug 2023

Gutes Essen

Direkt in der Altstadt und viel Platz zum sitzen. Einige vegane Optionen auf der Karte. Sehr freundliches Personal. Essen war sehr gut

Pros: Gutes Essen, Zentral gelegen

MaRavioli

Points +37

16 Jul 2023

Very good food near the bridge

We had the falafel wraps with fries which were really nice.
I was positively surprised by the amount of vegan options. The price is also very reasonable for such a touristy location.

Pros: Good ampunt of vegan options, Very central, Reasonable prices

thesunrisedreamers

Points +443

11 Jul 2023

Traditional vegan food!

Great traditional vegan food in Mostar! We ate here a few times during our stay :)

They have a veggie and vegan menu with a few traditional Bosnian and international options! We ate here twice on our trip and tried the Vegetable stew, falafel wrap and Iman Bayidli :)

When ordering make sure to specify if you want something vegan, like removing the coleslaw from the falafel wrap!

They also take card, bam or euros for payment and they have drinkable tap water😄Plus the servers are so nice here! We would definitely come back again!

frida_chaikovsky

Points +72

03 Jul 2023

I’ve never had better vegan burger

It was so delicious, the service is good, the place is so nice.
Portion is big and the price is okay ☺️

It is on great location, in old town, but so quiet and peaceful with good music ☺️

I highly recommend vegan burger, unfortunately I didnt have time to try something else from manu, but the waiter told me that everything from vegeterian manu can be vegan!
PS my non vegan friend was trilled with burger🌸🙏🏼

Pros: Taste, Price, Service

StavriaArtemisElia

Points +1281

02 Jul 2023

Was alright

They had a variety of fresh juices (incl watermelon) which was great! Food was ok, nothing extraordinary or special, but enough to fill you up for a walk in the city

Saskia1966

Points +49

Vegetarian
11 Jun 2023

Beste plek voor vegan food in Mostar

De vegan dish gegrilde groenten was lekker en veel (terwijl ik kleine portie besteld had :))

Pros: Een paar vegan opties, Centraal , Vriendelijke staff

Cons: Wijn is relatief duur

Saskia1966

11 Jun 2023

The vegan dish grilled vegetables was tasty and big (though I ordered a small one :))

Alyannkar

Points +1163

02 Jun 2023

So fresh and so good

I ate here a few times during my stay in Mostar because the food was so fresh and delicious. I was happy to support this business several times. I had the falafel salad, veggie platter, and stuffed eggplant over the times I visited. All of the dishes were so good. The salad was fresh. The veggie platter is a good option if you have multiple vegans/vegetarians with you because it is a great way to sample several local dishes.

Gladysvn

Points +168

11 May 2023

Best vegan option in Mostar

Been here a few days and this was the tastiest dish I've had my whole trip.

Pros: Burgers was fresh, crispy and hot, Food came out quick

Cons: Service could be better.

nishaaa

Points +3426

29 Apr 2023

delicious

offers local dishes a few vegan, i tried then sataraš which was delicious!

danielaj

Points +773

24 Apr 2023

Great!

Great place to come as a vegan/vegetarian. Seperate part of the menu dedicated to the vege meals. Had the grilled vege plate and it was lovely, so varied and tasty. £7.70 not bad price either

Updated from previous review on 2023-04-24

veganizm

Points +802

09 Oct 2022

Meh

I had a veggie burger that came with chips and a small salad (basically lettuce and cabbage). With a drink it cost a total of €10, which is too much I think. I would describe the burger as "aggressively mediocre" (shout-out to Kaya).

KayaMaria

20 Oct 2022

Going into anaphylactic shock looking at this

StardewBolo

Points +47

09 Oct 2022

We loved the food and the staff !

Everything was really tasty and the price was not too high !

kravokado

Points +28

08 Oct 2022

Great!

The best place in Mostar if you want vegan options. The food is amazing, the stuff is friendly and always willing to adapt the recipes to be vegan.

AndyT

Points +2299

05 Oct 2022

Awesome place

We went there for dinner and were very happy with our decision. I originally thought about ordering the vegan burger, but then went for the “Imam Bayildi” instead, and found it spectacular. Their fried potatoes and ajvar were also equally delicious.

Pros: A few great vegan options, Delicious food, Friendly staff with great English

YetiAhimsa

Points +936

04 Oct 2022

Big Bosnian Breakfast

Great Bosnian coffee and the veganized breakfast is legit awesome and big enough for two.

Pros: Great Bosnian coffee, Good location

Cons: Service is on the slow and surly side

ourregenerativehike

Points +48

Vegetarian
18 Sep 2022

Okay not great

The food was good but the salad came without vinaigrette (in contrast to the description in the menu) and the portions were not really big. Seemed a bit overpriced but it also is in a very touristy place. The staff was very matter to fact and not extra friendly.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Small portions, Overpriced

AndyT

05 Oct 2022

Honestly, for vegans, there are few “great” options in Mostar, we found this to be one of the very best available ones…

Scottishvet

Points +456

12 Sep 2022

Decent

Decent food, probably the best option in town

Kessler

Points +246

02 Sep 2022

Deliciosa alternativa

Local muy cerca del puente de Mostar, en el mismo barrio viejo. Cuenta con interior y exterior, muy agradables ambos espacios. Personal amable y servicial. Tiene varias opciones veganas y vegetarianas, entre ellas hamburguesas y wraps. Hemos probado el imam bayildi, un plato de origen otomano, típico de la cocina turca y que consiste en berenjenas rellanes de vegetales y en este caso acompañado de patatas. Realmente está muy bueno. El otro plato que hemos probado ha sido el de verduras a la parrilla con satarash (pisto húngaro de verduras), puré de patatas y arroz con cúrcuma (puedes pedirlo de diferentes tamaños, en nuestro caso el pequeño, que por cierto, es bastante saciante). Ambos platos viene acompañados con pan de pita y salsa ajvar. Todo riquísimo. Si paras en Mostar es muy recomendable. Nos ha encantado!

Updated from previous review on 2022-09-02

SuperLisa

Points +434

14 Aug 2022

Vegan and vegetarian options near the bridge

Modern restaurant with delicous vegan food. We had the burger (vegan) and the shashuka (vegetarian).