Food Front Cooperative Grocery - Northwest

• Health-food-store Health Store
503-222-5658

2375 NW Thurman St, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97210

Cooperative market providing selections in deli food, fresh produce, vitamins, supplements, bulk staples, chilled and frozen food, personal care products, natural products, and more. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by Took

Good cookies and deli - Edit

The self-serve bakery case in the back has well-marked vegan cookies, pastries and bagels. They are very good. The scones have the texture of a muffin but that's not to say it isn't satisfying if you are in the mood for muffin. The choc. chip banana bread straddles the line between decadent and healthy tastes. The deli counter selection is also well-marked for vegan selections and if you're not over kale salads, theirs is quite good. The self-serve refrigerated section has delicious sandwiches. Bulk and produce - there's much to love here. This makes for a very well placed spot in NW to fuel a day of biking, shopping or walking in Forest Park. Comfortable areas to sit and eat in and outside the store, too. Good sized store, though I use it more as a on-the-go meal option than for groceries.

Pros: Good selection

Cons: Laid-back vibe can equal long waits

Expensive...but incredible deli! - Edit

I love so much of what they sell at Food Front. The deli has vegan options as does their ready-made refrigerated section. They carry prepared meals from Blossoming Lotus and other local eateries. I came here for Daiya Cheese and Tofutti Cream Cheese and both were much more expensive than if I'd just bought them at Whole Foods or Fred Meyer. I like the atmosphere though and the fact that it's a co-op. I'd go back if my parents were paying.

If only...I made a LOT more money.

Pros: vegan variety, deli, free samples

Cons: pricey

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Food Front Cooperative Grocery - Northwest closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.