First Review by katroshka

Food for Humans - Edit

It is great to have a natural food store on the Russian River. Food for Humans stocks high quality produce and many other important foodstuffs and supplements.

My only regret is that recently a lot of the bulk bin area has been stocked with what is, essentially, candy. I eat sugar, but bulk grains and legumes, brewers yeast, nuts and seeds are much more essential to me.

Pros: Good foodstuffs, Locally staffed and owned, Good variety for a small store

Cons: A teeny bit expensive, Too much candy

Great little place! - Edit

We shopped here several times on our camping vacation. The prices are a little high, but considering how far away it is from any other health food store (any store that has DECENT food, really), it was a real godsend. The roads in Sonoma generally take a very long time to drive, so it really is at least 40 minutes to any place that might have a similar selection of veggie products, so it's worth a little extra money. The selection is really fantastic, with lots of veggie stuff (it's all vegetarian), lots of great veggies, and probably everything you would want in the way of health/ beauty products. The atmosphere is also great, I'm too young to know for sure, but it seems like a genuine artifact of the '60s!

Pros: great food selection, lots of non-food items, convenient for a rural area

Cons: pricey

Return to Guerneville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Food For Humans closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.