Food Cache

760-965-0565

452 Old Mammoth Rd Ste 106 , Mammoth Lakes, California, USA, 93546

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small and casual counter service spot offering juice, smoothies, and bowls. Many dishes can be modify for vegans. Has Beyond Beef (faxu beef) to add to your dish, and there is almond milk available at the coffee station.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Happyvegetables

Excellent food - Edit

Very down home interior. My wife had the grilled veggie sandwich - Marinated portobello mushroom, grilled zucchini, red bell pepper, spinach, feta, & pickled onions, with a vegan house-made red pepper aioli

I had the ginger bowl with tofu - Choice of Mary's Free-Range Chicken, or Gmo-free seared tofu with mushrooms, garlic, ginger, broccolini & red bell pepper tossed with gluten free tamari soy sauce. Served over organic brown rice with green onions.

Good portions and very tasty. Highly recommend.

Pros: Great veggie food, Very casual dining

Amazing Quinoa-Black bean wrap - Edit

A nice little restaurant with several vegan options and more veganizable ones. The staff was very nice and helpful and the ambiance pleasant. I went with my non-vegan parents and we all ordered the Quinoa / black bean wrap (with sautéed kale, onions, potato and avocado) and we all LOVED it (I personally chose to have it without the Thai peanut sauce and it was still very tasty since the other ingredients are already seasoned). My father also had a smoothie which he found delicious and very refreshing. My mom and I drank homemade iced coffee which was great too !

Other options we did not try include : a vegan burger, many different acai bowls, other smoothies and a daily soup.

It was about 50 dollars for the three of us. Overall, a very pleasant experience, I would highly recommend it if you ever find yourself in the Mammoth Lake area (which is beautiful by the way !).

Vegan Options, But Not Very Vegan-Friendly - Edit

As a vegan, I like this place because there are several options here. I've had the quinoa black bean avocado wrap without the peanut sauce-- this was my favorite dish here. I also liked the grilled veggie sandwich (hold the cheese) and added avocado for $1.50. What I didn't like was that I couldn't sub the avocado for cheese at no cost (adding potatoes would have been $2 extra--what??). I assumed that as a restaurant with a fair amount of vegan/vegetarian patrons, they would be more accommodating. Pretty sure potatoes cost less than feta cheese. Also the ginger bowl with tofu is pretty good, but a bit salty.

Pros: Vegan Options

Cons: No free substitutes from cheese

AMAZING - Edit

Ohhhhh mannn! Don't get me started on this place. This was by far the best dining experience we had throughout our entire trip!

Although it did cut in the budget quite a bit, with a whopping $50 for the two of us to eat.

We got:
-2 vegetable tofu Chinese bowls on top of brown rice (pretty small serving)
- vegan creamy garlic mashed potatoes (amazing)
- vegan coconut cream mushroom soup
- and for desert they had vegan caramel apples. You dip apple slices into coconut caramel and coconut shreds and mini chocolate chips.

By far the best vegan meal in mammoth!

Pros: lot of vegan options or vegan variations , the vegan food is REALLY good, caramel apple experience was soooo amazing

Cons: they have cow burgers :/, not even a vegetarian establishment , pricy

thumbs up! - Edit

Very tasty healthy food. Grateful to have snuck in as their last customers for the night. We had just arrived in Mammoth from Vegas area and needed a good meal. We enjoyed a vibrant organic and very tasty dinner that left us feeling happy, content and very satisfied.

Pros: excellent service , organic , tastes great!

Cons: A mountain town is like an island, everything must

Return to Mammoth Lakes Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Food Cache closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.