CLOSED: Food Affairs

• Health Store Health Store

Contact +32-468214702

Paardenmarkt 18, Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium,

Organic whole food shop, opened Jan 2014. Makes its tofu, seitan, tempeh, natto, amazake, sauerkraut, sourdough, and pickles; everything is vegan and organic. Also stocks bulk items including grains, beans, seaweed, fermented rice, barley malt, seeds and nuts, vinegar, miso, and more. Hosts cooking classes. Confirmed closed, Nov 2014.

First Review by Oski79

Sublime fermented foods - Edit

This shop has a concept I'd love to see more often. The owner is friendly and informative, but not obtrusive. The japan-focus of the product range seems to stem less from an interest in exotic culture but rather in the health benefits of fermented foods. They also support the exclusion of added sugars and they have a mill, so you can have your grains made into fresh flour.
Any they sell umeboshi, also single ones.

We bought a glass of miso (12€ for 800g) and Natto (3€ for 125g). Both had a more delicate taste than the ones I know from asian-store-brands, especially the natto tasted just wonderful! We also bought some kukicha which is great, too.

Wish I had such a shop in my town.

Pros: handmade fermented foods, friendly staff, sells bulk items

Return to Antwerpen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Food Affairs closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1046 times since Feb 2014.