First Review by papajonquinn

Fo Jiao Vegetarian's Restaurant - Edit

What a lovely clean modern upscale restaurant with seating for 38 in a kind of Loft setting in the middle of the foreign district just east of the US Consulate. When we were there no one spoke English but the menu is on a 7 inch e-pad with good fotos and pricing, but they will also make what you want if they can. There were three of us so we had 3 dishes which they separated into 3 different dishes for each of us( upon request).

We had a Shrimp and Asparagus that also had mushrooms and carrots that I enjoyed as the carrots were almost raw. We had the Twice Fried Pork with quite a bit of lettuce. Our favorite was the Dumplings, not on the menu, we had seen it on another table. The dumplings were as good as any I have ever eaten and came with both hot or mild dipping sauce. The hot came with sesame seeds and was delightful.

The meal is served with tea and a very pleasant Chinese music playing in the background. Our bill came to 120 RMB($20) without drinks or dessert.

Pros: Modern and clean, Tasty and well presented food, Atmosphere

Return to Chengdu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fo Jiao - Vegetarians Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.