Flower Child

480-240-4400

10460 N 90th St, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 85258

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual eatery whose menu marks the vegan choices. Has daily soup plus small plates (mix & match), wraps, bowls, salads, and some drinks. Several locations in southwestern US. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Organic, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Clear Vegan Options - Edit

As a transitioning vegan, dining out is still a daunting process, but not at Flower Child! I ordered the Thai Cashew Quinoa bowl and added on tofu for some extra protein. The menu was very clear and it was easy to tell which options were vegan. The food itself tasted extremely fresh, especially the snap peas! The restaurant also offers a large variety of fresh tea and lemonade that you can try to accompany your meal. I recommend the Pomegranate Ginger lemonade for a sweet treat. The only aspect that I disliked was the price tag, but that is normally expected at a FRC location. Overall, I am excited to go back and see what other options Flower Child has to offer!

Pros: Many vegan options, Fresh ingredients

Cons: Pricey

Expensive and disappointing - Edit

I took my mom here for her birthday but was really disappointed. There appeared to be a lot of selections but the fact is that the menu left us wanting. Mom wanted a small, simple, light lunch. So I ordered the child portion of chicken, it came with two sides...none of which were light. I ordered the quinoa salad expecting to get a portion of quinoa with some vegetables. ...instead, I received a kale salad with a small portion of quinoa tossed in. The salad was fresh but not terribly flavorful.

Pros: Vegetarian and vegan options

Cons: Crowded, average taste, expensive

Tigra220 17 Aug 2016 - I'm confused... It says that you're vegan, but your review states that you ordered chicken... Flower Child does not offer vegan (or vegetarian) chicken.

Excellence! - Edit

I got 3 sides, which came together in a large bowl.

RED CHILI GLAZED SWEET POTATO:
This dish was highly delectable. It was the perfect blend of sweet and spicy, with neither flavor overpowering the other. Excellent flavor. Superb!

SAUTÉED SPINACH:
I requested extra garlic and it was perfect. No bland, rabbit leaves here. Flavorful, lightly seasoned to perfection, and cooked just right, this dish is Popeye approved.

INDIAN SPICED CAULIFLOWER:
I requested this dish without the dates and almonds but was told that it was mixed into whatever it was that was served with this dish. For me, this was fine. I am not allergic, I just prefer to avoid them if I can. I actually forgot that the nuts (dates and almonds) were even supposed to be in this dish until I started writing the review. I didn’t see any. I didn’t taste any. Either they CAN omit them, or they are so finely ground into the sauce or seasoning that they are undetectable to a non-allergic throat. (Hence, if you have a nut allergy, you shouldn’t risk it.) This dish was quite savory. Personally, I could have used a stronger (hotter) spice, but the dish was still very good as is. Cauliflowers were not too raw, nor were they over-cooked. They were of a perfect softly crunchy texture.

DESSERT:
They have only one vegan dessert at this time. It’s called STRAWBERRY YUZU CHEESECAKE. It’s a raw vegan cheesecake topped with a strawberry glaze. Typically, I shy away from raw cuisine, but I gave it a shot and WOWZA! It is truly delicious! It’s sweet, a little tart, and a very good emulation of a baked cheesecake. I was very impressed. (Side note: Yuzu sounded Japanese so out of curiosity I looked it up. It’s a citrus fruit.)

They could use more vegan dessert options, but I'm happy with the vegan raw cheesecake for now.

Basically, I love this place. Not only was the food pretty amazing (and filling), but the service - friendly, smiling, helpful employees, were all just icing on the proverbial cake, and really made this a 5-star experience. Vegan items are clearly marked with a yellow circle with a line through it. The decor is lovely; very hippie-like. And dude, there is even a little resting place for your yoga mats! I especially loved the positive little messages written on their window panes.

Needless to say, I’ll be back.

Pros: delicious/ flavorful vegan options, amazing raw vegan cheesecake, a happy place with happy workers

Cons: only 1 vegan dessert option

Return to Scottsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Flower Child closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.