Flower Child

310-382-2901

1332 2nd St (at downtown), Santa Monica, California, USA, 90401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual eatery whose menu marks the vegan choices. Has daily soup plus small plates (mix & match), wraps, bowls, salads, and some drinks. Several locations in southwestern US. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Organic, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Chia

Delicious! Best food I’ve had in days! - Edit

I had the Mother Earth Bowl, which was very filling and out of this world delicious. These guys have a great kitchen, friendly atmosphere and clearly know how to prepare great, healthy food.

Not too shaby!!!!! - Edit

So I was starving and needed something yummy and vegan to bring into the movies next door. (BTW the theater beside this place doesn't mind you walking in with all your food as an FYI) great service. Friendly staff. The mother something dish with grains was alright but I was comparing it to that amazing pesto quinoa bowl they used to have at Cafe gratitude back in the days so long ago. I guess I'm chasing a disappearing dragon.... But it was good though. Loved the kombucha (spelling?) and the veggie daily juice good too. I really liked the vegan chocolate pudding!!! I also ordered the classic hummus (not the avocado one) sub veggies instead of pita. Two favorites of all this was the hummus and veggies and the pudding :) yum

Pros: Vegan pudding , Hummus , Friendly staff

Okay - Edit

This place opened just this year and is often busy whenever I pass by it. It's quick service style where you order at the counter. Ate here this week, here's my Flower Child review.

The PLUS side is that there are vegan options clearly labeled. We got the forbidden rice bowl (Asian sauce, rice a bit hard), a combo plate of yuzu brussel sprouts + Indian cauliflower + butternut cubes (all with good flavors), and the day's soup which as tomato and beans (good).

The MINUS side is that the food handling is all mixed between the meatstuff and the vegan stuff, ie. same kitchen utensils and staff hands. The kitchen is open, so you can see for yourself. If you don't mind about that, then this is an fair option for a meal.

The prices are moderate for Santa Monica, though if you are from a smaller town, you might think it's slightly pricey for the portion size.

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Flower Child closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.