Flower Child

602-429-6222

5013 N 44th St, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85018

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual eatery whose menu marks the vegan choices. Has daily soup plus small plates (mix & match), wraps, bowls, salads, and some drinks. Several locations in southwestern US. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by kalangford01

healthy delicious food - Edit

this is a very cute place where almost everything is vegan or vegetarian to begin with, and meat or tofu can be added. vegan and gluten free items are clearly marked. our food and drinks were very fresh and tasty! plus service was great.

Sweet Flower Child of Mine - Edit

I must be the odd man out who thinks that Flower Child is just okay. They use soy in their dishes and I didn't see any baked treats that were not gluten-free.

The atmosphere and operations, though, are pleasant so I enjoyed my time.

What a busy spot! The openness of the restaurant with its loudness reminded me of a cafeteria, but a hip cafeteria indeed.

Seating was great. Although a lot of tables were taken, we easily found one with good spacing. No cramping, no leg touching under the table, no one bumping into my chair while passing behind, no "excuse me's" with polite but annoyed smiles. So that was definitely a plus.

Another plus are the healthful options on the kids menu.

Utensils wrapped in napkins were the table centerpiece, still you can help yourself to more which are located against the wall alongside the teas and colorfully-mixed ades.

The plates are small, but I gotta give Flower Child credit for making the dishes look so ungreasy and clean. A+ for presentation.

- avocado hummus with pita:
pita was too thin and hard
hummus mixed with corn, radish, pumpkin seeds
salty taste and really couldn't tell it was hummus

- bowl of Pho:
who orders pho at a non-asian restaurant?
I stupidly raise my hand, guilty as charged
tasty, but I didn't finish it
too many noodles, not enough mushrooms
came with sides of basil, jalapenos, bean sprouts, lime, and two sauces barely palatable
the red sauce tasted like a spiced up catchup
the darker sweet sauce...I honestly have no idea what it was

- side of roasted asparagus:
literally three spears of the plant cut in half
salty seasoning with an umami sauce
"roasted" turned out to be "blackened" and overcooked

Pros: Artful looking plates, Unique intent

Cons: Oily, Small quantity for the price

I'm a regular! - Edit

I wasn't allowed to give this a five star rating because there are non vegetarian dishes. A couple of months ago I was ecstatic to learn about this new "Vegetarian" restaurant. My BF and I went there and tried a variety of items. I am a huge salt lover. That being said, every dish we tried was saltier than the next! It was a huge disappointment!!!! I wrote to the parent company, "Fox" and gave them a review of my experience. They invited us back and spent time with us explaining which foods are salty, etc. Usually I order dressings and sauces on the side. I order the chopped salad with the ginger vinaigrette dressing almost every time I go, sometimes with grilled tofu. It is always amazingly fresh, colorful and delicious! Our other favorite is the "Tye Dye" rollup sandwich with fresh snap peas and other veggies along with grilled tofu and bbq sauce. This restaurant is close to my home so it is convenient and easy. You order at the counter and they bring the food to you. Their tea and lemonade machines are a bit loaded with sugar or honey but delicious!

Delicious Simplicity - Edit

In town for a conference and ate dinner here tonight. Absolutely wonderful food, with options for everyone. Good reminder that good food is best in its simplest forms. I had brown rice with tofu, fresh fruit, and an absolutely yummy avocado/beet/citrus salad.

Pros: Fresh, Atmosphere, Tasty

A Favorite - Edit

We love meeting friends and family here. Great atmosphere and good healthy food. We love that we can customize our meal with different vegan selections. Local farm fresh foods beautifully presented and delicious.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 13, 2014

Pros: Menu specifies vegetarian/vegan, Friendly atmosphere and staff, Wholesome organic items on the menu.

Cons: Portion size a little small for price

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Flower Child closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1942 times.