CLOSED: Flora Vegan Sweets and Treats

( 1 review )

90-5544-7378

Shimogamo Higashitakagicho, 13-4 (at Vegan Ramen Towzen), Kyoto, Japan, 606-0865

A vegan sweets cafe operating out of the same space as Vegan Ramen Towzen. It is 100% vegan and offers a curry set as well as sweets. Uses local and mostly organic ingredients. Also serves seasonal vegetable soup and finger food. Set in a traditional Japanese Machiya with a relaxed atmosphere. Address: 京都府京都市左京区下鴨東高木町 左京区下鴨東高木町13-4. Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead. Reported closed, Feb 2018.

Categories: Vegan, Japanese, Asian, Bakery

1 Review

First Review by YukiLim

Amazing vegan sweets in a relaxing space - Edit

I really enjoyed the gluten free vegan donuts and vegan parfait from their stall at the Ethical Vegan Festival in Osaka this April so I decided to visit their cafe today. Initially I couldn't find their entrance because I didn't know that they are renting the same space as the vegetarian ramen shop Towzen, so don't miss the signboard of Flora that's placed right outside the entrance of Towzen! The owners are really friendly and chatted with me about my background and how it is like being vegan in Kyoto. The restaurant itself is a machiya (traditional wooden house) so it has a cozy and relaxing vibe. The seating is limited but really comfortable and intimate. I opted for the lemon and berry raw cake which tasted really good although the texture was a little chunky in my opinion. Overall this is the perfect little spot to spend a quiet afternoon and enjoy delicious desserts. I will return again for more.

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-22

Pros: Relaxing and intimate space, Amazing raw cakes and gluten free desserts, Lovely owners

Cons: A little pricey

Return to Kyoto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Flora Vegan Sweets and Treats closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.