Flippin' Good

702-776-7991

505 Fremont St, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89101

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burger, chicken, and beer restaurant but has a vegan chick'n sandwich, with vegan bun and sauce. Fries plain are vegan, and the cooks can sometimes accommodate special requests for vegan onion rings. Ask about bbq sauces before ordering. Selection of vegan beers. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-4:00am, Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by AmeliaC

One bomb vegan option - Edit

If you’re in the downtown area, check this place out! They have a sandwich called the vegan and you can also get plain fries to go with your meal. Just make sure you say no to the ranch! Wish there was more vegan options but the one they offer is really good. Vegan fried chicken sandwich, yum.

Pros: vegan fried chicken sandwich — great option

Cons: does take some time to get your food, needs more vegan options

Very underrated and sooo good! - Edit

Came here based on the other reviews and I have to say very underrated! The vegan sandwich was absolutely amazing! They also have vegan onion rings, but you have to special request them. I can't remember the last time I had onion rings this good! Be sure to ask what sauces are ok.

Pros: awesome food, good people

Really Flippin' Good - Edit

This burger joint popped up in my search of Vegas vegan joints, and although the place only has one vegan item on the menu, the pics looked way too good to pass it up! Boy, did it ever deliver!

Obviously, we ordered the chick'n burger. I really should have thought through the portion sizes though, as I could hardly get through half and had to take the rest to go! Asked very nicely for the onion rings to be made vegan (thanks for the suggestion, fellow reviewer!), and this was no problem at all.

This would be a fantastic choice for an end-of-the-night meal to close off a night of partying, but we headed on out to explore Fremont afterwards in one serious food coma.

The burger itself was grand - extra crispy coating, making every bite hella crunchy, and the sauce was delicious. Please, please, please add more vegan items to your menu, Flippin', because I think you can really get something going, here!

All-in-all, great (singular) vegan item. The place itself had a cool vibe, but for some reason the aircon was blasting away throughout, making the seating area a little chilly and uncomfortable. The desert gets cold at night!

Pros: It's a crispy chick'n burger!, Very friendly staff, Great value for $$$

Cons: Chilly at night, Only 1 vegan item :(

HOT DAMN - Edit

The only reason why I am even writing this now is because instead of being productive yuppies going accent chair shopping after dinner on a weeknight, we made a comatose stroll through Burlington before coming home to nurse our food comas.

When we were invited out to try the new vegan chick'n sandwich at Flippin' Good Burgers, my first response was "don't threaten me with a good time!". Settled into the heart of downtown this small and casual burger joint is effortless enough to deal with the 2am drunks in need of a soaker, but pulled together enough to happily accommodate this accent-chair shopping, Hallmark ornament wait-listed wife and mother of cats. After we settled ourselves onto the dining bar that shelved an open window facing the Fremont, we placed our order and people watched.

Oh- the glory of these bad boys when they arrived. Now mind you, I'm a vegan of the kale-munching variety. I have hemp hearts, spirulina, apple cider vinegar AND chia seeds in my pantry. So I was a bit intimidated when this beastly tray slid in front of me, held together by nothing but prayers and a long toothpick. But, I'm no quitter, so I gathered my wits and tucked in.

And thank god it wasn't just a pretty face. Hot damn it was good.

20 minutes and several pointed questions later, nothing but crumbs remained on the tray, except maybe for a little of my dignity. I learned that:

-the onion rings aren't vegan, but Chef Chuck made us up our own vegan batch without the buttermilk.

- they fry the vegan chicken in the same fryer as the onion rings but NOT in the chicken fryer. We chatted about maybe then getting a fryer for vegan only or frying them in the French fry fryer. I feel like that's a bit nitpicky though. I personally don't have an issue with it.

- yes the mayo-like sauce on the chicken is vegan, as is the bun.

- ask about the BBQ sauces and DON'T eat the sauce on the table with the other condiments- it's a chipotle honey.

Pros: Hearty Vegan Chick'n Sandwich, Serves Beer, Chef can make vegan onion rings

Cons: Only one main vegan option

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Flippin' Good closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.