CLOSED: Flaxella

Contact 301-654-3529

8218 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, Maryland, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small cafe with large front windows. Offers breakfast food, sandwiches/wraps, salads, and coffee drinks. Has a vegan plate with veggies and bread. JUN 2015 REPORTED SHUT, WEBSITE & FB NOT WORKING. Mon-Sat 7:00am-6:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by IndyVeganFamily

Horrible Hummus - Edit

Only two vegan options - hummus plate and veggie wrap. I got the hummus plate and what arrived was obviously store bought hummus with a quartered tortilla, not pita as advertised. Taste was dreadful.

Cons: Store bought hummus, Terrible taste, Few vegan options

Hidden cafe near NIH and medical services - Edit

Who knew this place would be worth it?? Cafés are so standard and blade. Looking at the menu, I was not impressed by any measure. The only portion that piqued my interest was the array of flax-based beverages from lattes to non-dairy drinks. Well, I was right in that sense. They do a great job with these caffeinated or in caffeinated healthier versions of espresso drinks. I love that they have flax, oat, almond and soy milks!!! I really enjoyed the flax latte with almond milk, but I asked them to hold the honey. Vegans- be careful about that!

The menu has hummus, fresh fruit, a flax roll and a grilled veggie salad that are already vegan. Oatmeal is good for brekkie. The salads can be made vegan, but don't automatically come that way.

They had one vegan bakery good other than a bagel- moist and flavorful zucchini walnut bread. A bit gummy but good.

There was even an Ethiopian fasting season special with kik alicha, mesir wot and gomen wat with injera or rice- all vegan! Awesome. The price was incredible- $6!!!

There are also smoothies and other beverages.

I like it and appreciate the effort to have vegan options when there are so many cafés without vegan choices!

Pros: Vegan knowledgeable, Flax lattes with various non-dairy milk, Smoothies

Cons: Not open late, Salads not vegan automatically

Nice quick, light lunch. Good, honest food. - Edit

I was in Bethesda for a meeting and Happy Cow helped me find this little treasure. Focused on flax, this little cafe has several vegan options. They were out of the chocolate zucchini loaf but I really enjoyed the Veggie Delight wrap. Check out our full Indy Vegan Family review here: http://bit.ly/11OHARI

Pros: Affordable, Convenient, Quaint

Cons: sold out of vegan baked goods

Return to Bethesda Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Flaxella closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2025 times since Jan 2012.