Flavor of India

02-27392799

34, Sec. 3, Helping East Rd, Da'an District, Taipei, Taiwan

Vegetarian Indian restaurant in Taipei, est. 2017. Ask for vegan options. Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm, 5:30pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine

First Review by JesseD

Friendly staff, nice environment - Edit

I’m a big fan of Indian cuisine and even though I haven’t been to India I’ve had Indian food countless times in Hong Kong and San Jose where huge communities of Indians live, as well as in Yangon, Myanmar.

The food here at the restaurant tasted a bit bland to me, lacking strong flavors or spiciness that Indian cuisine usually has. Maybe it’s because they’re trying to accommodate the taste of Taiwanese people? My friends who were not familiar with Indian food all liked it a lot.

I also think it’d be great for them to add vegan labels on the menu so we didn’t have to check every single item.

The staff was very friendly and the environment was nice and clean. I might go back one day for another try!

Pros: nice and clean environment , staff was friendly

Cons: no vegan labeling on the menu , a bit bland to me

Great Indian food!!! - Edit

Although it's a vegetarian restaurant, the waiter was familiar with vegan diet and know exactly what's in the dishes. Also, they were opened to adjust the dishes to a vegan version and they were also very interested in why people go vegan (since they're many vegans visiting this place). A very nice experience eating here!

Pros: Authentic, Delicious, Safe for vegan!

Finall,y FINALLY a real, vegan-friendly Indian restaurant in Taipei - Edit

I've waited 10 years for a vegetarian / vegan-friendly Indian restaurant to open in Taipei, and it's finally here.
I was fortunate to have a chance to meet the owner (or one of the owners) who is a Jain, the religion from which Ahimsa, or non-violence originates, and from this I am very confident that (unlike so many other Indian restaurants) the food is all vegetarian, and he will be careful to ensure that food ordered vegan really is.

Food was fairly good, certainly not the best Indian I've had in recent years, but good enough, and provided that much-missed Indian fix I used to only get in Tokyo. I think it will probably improve more with time, as everything was very new when I visited.

The inside is clean, warm and comfortable, with a very Indian feel. Staff were friendly and welcoming, and some spoke English. Prices were also very reasonable for Indian food in Taipei, at around 250-300 per dish.

The only thing I think could improve would be to label vegan dishes on the menu, and a bigger vegan range, as currently many dishes use curd or other dairy products.

Pros: Real Indian food!!!! , Staff happy to provide vegan food.

Cons: Vegan items not labelled on menu.

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Flavor of India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.