Flat Top Grill

847-570-0100

707 Church St, Evanston, Illinois, USA, 60201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of chain restaurant offering Mongolian stir-fry meals. The main feature is the create-your-own stirfry bar where you choose the veggies and even faux meat (vegan except Quorn), and have it stir-fried. Most sauces are vegan, and there is a chart showing which are. Ask the staff to cook your dish separately.

Categories: Ovo, American, Chinese, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

Best Meal on My Trip to Chicagoland - Edit

I recently visited a friend in the Chicago area and we went to Flat Top Grill. The restaurant has a large chalkboard listing the available sauces and notes which are vegan, along with the calories and sodium content. I filled my bowl with veggies, rice and seitan and chose a vegan, low sodium and low calorie mushroom sauce. There is the option to request the addition of tofu to your stir fry which is done by the chef and I chose this option. For those who are vegan, have a food allergy or just want their stir fry prepared separately, there is an option to have your food prepared in a wok by itself. These woks are cleaned after each order. You bring the bowl to the chef for cooking, then the waitstaff brings it to your table. The stir fry came with delicious Naan bread. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The food is simple, but it was delicious. I will return next time I'm near one of their restaurants. I would give it 5 stars if it was all veg.

Pros: Friendly, helpful service, Delicious food, Lots of vegan choices

I won't be going back to this location again... - Edit

I don't know what the deal was with this location, but they had a lot less Vegan-friendly items here. Downtown locations have Seitan, Faux Chicken, and a few other meat substitutes - this one didn't. Also this one was always out of food and didn't even have tofu available when I went. I won't be back to this location again.

Karenk 12 Sep 2016 - Agree - I did not see many Vegan options -

Return to Evanston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Flat Top Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.