CLOSED: Flanagan's Pub

Contact 504-598-9002

625 Saint Philip St (at Royal), New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70116

Serves meat, vegan options available. Semi-dive bar located in the French Quarter, on the residential side. Vegetarian options are clearly marked on the menu. Weekly changing soups. Staff is aware of vegetarian and vegan diets. Reported closed to HappyCow, Mar 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Harryvx

Go somewhere else - few options and marginal food - Edit

They no longer serve black bean burgers because their distributor, sysco, no longer carries them. I confirmed this with a manager on 8/3/12. They have not replaced the black bean burger with anything else.

I would NOT recommend eating here. The bartender was unnecessarily rude and condescending the whole night and the veggie wrap was very average. There's no reason you should pick this place. Burger King has more vegetarian options.

The one good thing was the vegetarian chili cheese fries. Not amazing but not bad at all.

If you do go, there is no service at tables so order your food and drinks from the bartender. I asked the bartender nicely if a server would come around to take our order. He was sure to make me feel like an idiot for not realizing that it's a bar so we would order our dinner from him.

Pros: Location, No wait

Cons: No servers - order from bar, Marginal food, Few veg-friendly options

yummy food - Edit

I had the veggie wrap and my bf had the last black bean burger and they both were amazing. Be sure if they have black bean burgers get em early I went there on a saturday afternoon around 2/2:30 pm they only had 1 left.

Bar food eats - Edit

Found this little spot our first day in NOLA and was surprised to find they had a salad with strawberries that i believe was organic and it was totally tasty. Had a vegan chili and that was good too! A place to go if you don't mind dive bar ambiance and have non-veg companions- they liked the po-boy and the waiter!

Pros: Good value

Cons: Small selection, Dark, Smokers

Great food! - Edit

This bar food is amazing. I had the veggie wrap - sundried tomato tortilla filled with tomatoes, spouts, cucumbers, olives, hummus and a roasted red pepper dressing. It was delicious. My husband had the chili cheese fries, the chili being vegan too. It was made with beans and lentels. He's eaten a lot of french fries and he commented that this dish was one of the best things he's ever eaten. The bar tender mentioned that the chef was vegan so we had faith that the food was animal free. Definately stop in for a meal if you are in New Orleans.

Pros: More then one vegan option on the menu, Inexpensive, In the French Quarter

Our favorite place in the French Quarter! - Edit

It's rock 'n roll vegan time when you're at Flanagan's! The first day we went in the cook had just that day made a vegan tortilla soup which we had to have - it was do die for. I ordered a big black bean & veggie wrap that came with fries and my boyfriend got a big bowl of red beans and rice. All right at the bar with the beer flowing. We loved it so much we went back a night or two later, but I think the kitchen closed at 10pm. Nonetheless, we loved that bar so much, we drank there until almost 6 am talking and making friends. That's right, open 24/7, folks. The service is great, the price is right, and they have a pool table in a cool throwback retro room. Support Flanagan's! They love vegans :)

Pros: Everything

Respectable black bean burger - Edit

This is good option if your vegan and your staying in the French Quarter. The black bean burger is a store bought patty on white bread buns served with iceburg lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and fries. It's pretty standard bar food, but was still pretty good. The bar itself is nice and has lots of seating options. They also run ghost tours out of the bar every night.

Pros: Good location, vegan option

Cons: burger is a bit plain

Delicious vegan black bean burger - Edit

Great vegan black bean burger with fries. Philly Cheeseburger could also be made with tofu. Nice staff too. Definitely recommend.

Pros: good vegan food, friendly staff, good beer

Cons: dark

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Flanagan's Pub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2873 times since Feb 2010.