First Review by foosgoddess

Not exciting. - Edit

We went for Sunday brunch. This would be fine for vegetarians, but vegans have very few options. Gluten free and vegetarian options are labeled. I had the oatmeal special and the home fries, but that seemed to be the only vegan options. It was filling enough, but not exciting. I'd disagree with the vegan-friendly claim on their website, at least for breakfast.

Pros: Vegetarian options, Labels on menu (vegetarian, gf)

Cons: few vegan options

Very Disappointed - Edit

We went for brunch last Sunday. Did the "call ahead" seating reservation. I explained that 2 people in the party are Vegan and they assured me all I needed to do was tell the server and she would help us with options. Once we arrived and were seated I explained to the server that we are vegan and would be happy with any type of veggies and potatoes. She actually told me they didn't have any veggies (honest! I am not making this up) and all we could have would be the Vegan soup and a salad. This was VERY DISAPPOINTING especially since they advertise being vegan friendly and I called ahead an hour to let them know we were coming. It is difficult to find a place we can eat with our since they are not Vegan. We will not take family members there again.

Pros: great vegan soup, nice salad if you ask for no cheese

Cons: lack of communicate from host to server, lack of server knowledge for Vegan Options

Yummy - Edit

I went with my mom last week and it was delicious! A lot of Vegetarian/Vegan options. My mom got the veggie stir fry with tofu and I got the portabella mushroom and both were really good! The vegetarian items are noted on the menu but not the vegan items, so you have to guess.

Pros: Taste, Price

Cons: Vegan Items not noted on Menu, Loud

Awesome!! - Edit

I can't believe I had been in Charleston 3 times before I went to this place! It was great food, good service, and a nice atmosphere. I would highly recommend trying it out. There are lots of vegetarian and Gluten free items. It is a little hidden, tucked away in between some strip mall buildings but worth the search!

Pros: Great Food, lots of choices , good service

Cons: hidden

Return to Mount Pleasant Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Five Loaves Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1689 times since Aug 2007.