Fiskafeen

Jernbane Alle 48, Vanlose, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2720

Serves meat, vegan options available. Only meat served is fish. Vegan choices include faux fish and chips, fish burgers, fries, salads, fish steaks, falafels and vegetarian burgers. Drinks are coffee, tea, beer, soft drinks. Open Tue-Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by piffelina

Cozy, friendly and nice value for money - Edit

I love coming here. For lunch with friends, dinner with family or a quiet cup of tea by myself 😊👍

Great service and food! - Edit

Have been there many times, and it's great; the service is tops, the food is affordable and fills you, and of course it's awesome that you can order from a vegan menu, so you know you don't have to explain what not to put in your food ;) would especially recommend the not-fish soup, the not-fish burger and the hot chocolate with vegan wipped cream

Pros: Good service, Good food, Good price

Cons: Not in the center of copenhagen

Not Great, but They Do Try - Edit

Due to a lack of options in Copenhagen, I have tried this place a few times. Every visit is a bit mixed.

(1) Setting - it feels poorly put together on a budget. The furniture and decoration feels like a real mix of random stuff they gathered from friends and family's old garage sales. I don't enjoy sitting in there.

(2) Food - Mixed. Some okay enough, some really poor. See specifics below.

(3) Staff - I've met some people in there that are friendly, open, and nice. But there is definitely wait staff that is just mean and degrading. One girl was nice until we mentioned we didn't like the food. Then instead of being like, "Oh I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience, can we fix it, get you something different, etc." It was more like, "I don't see the problem. I hear what you're saying but I'm rejecting it, and you still have to pay full price although you clearly haven't eaten it." Another woman came in and settled for half price, but the conversation that got us there was not pleasant.

(4) Specific Dishes:
Vegan Hot Chocolate = fine
Seitan Burger = 2.5 out of 5. Edible but not enticing.
Vegetable Burger = I've had literally hundreds of veggie burgers in my life and this was hands down the worst. Texture was fried on the outside but a nasty mush inside, flavor was weird indiscernible mush.
Fries = good
Vegan Remoulade and Mayo = good
Vegan Cheddar Cheese and Tomato Sandwich = bread was damp and not fresh with a poor flavor, vegan cheese was fine
Bread for Burger Buns = Not always, but on occasion you'll get a bite that tastes like fish (although not eating a fake-fish meal). They claim their home-made bread is vegan, and I believe they try. But it is a restaurant full of fish dishes, so cross-contamination can easily happen by accident when they are not noticing. I can't in good conscience say "trust that their bread is true, 100% vegan," but i give them credit for trying to make good vegan bread. I hope that they investigate to see if maybe something is happening that they've been missing that sometimes gets fish flavor into the bread.

I do think they put effort into their food. It's just a shame to put that much thought into something and still have it fall so short of regular, quality, goodness.

Uggabugga 15 Sep 2016 - I have ben at several other plages that are vegan- or vegan friendly in Copenhagen, so I wonder why you choose to go eat at a place you dislike this much? I think their food is great, and the service is too :) Each to his own, but I think you are being really unfair in claiming their burgers are not vegan- of course They are! I suggest you make a search inhere for other places to eat in Copenhagen- plenty of options! Have a good one

If you are out with a non-vegetarian - Edit

Ive visited this place with my mum which are mostly vegetarian but eat meat 1-2 times a week. She was in for a traditionel "fiskefillet" and I went for the vegan burger with vegan mayo.
This is NOT a healthy restaurant, but you can get a greasy burger with fries and end up with vegan cookies.
I good place to go if you are out with some non-vegan friends and bonus is that they prepare the vegan & meat dishes separately. Ask to be sure;)
If I should say anything about improvement, then it would be wonderful with some glutenfree bread options and just a few healthy options, as a good green salat to go with the vegan burger.

Excellent - Edit

Not a restaurant, but a cafe, as we were firmly advised when we arrived and stood waiting to be seated. Just sit where you like was the basic instruction, so we did and made sure we chose what we wanted before 8 when we were told the kitchen closed. Despite this shaky start the lady that was running the place was actually really lovely and was obviously passionate about what they did. I went for the basic vegan 'fish' and chips option - battered fillets and crisp seasoned chips with a vegan version of remoulade, which she was keen to point out was her own invention (she checked to confirm I wanted the vegan version first). Really enjoyed it, tasty and not at all greasy. My partner said his real fish was good too. There was vegan ice cream for dessert with jam and soy whipped cream, however I didn't try it. All in all well worth the trip on the Metro.

Pros: Good, tasty food, Good location next to Metro, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: Closes early, Closed Monday

Very good - Edit

Very nice restaurant, with vegan fish and chips. Tasty, but doesn't taste like the real deal.

Pros: Very good service, Has vegan fish and chips, Clean

Cons: No vegan dessert, Mostly fried fast food

Awesome place - Edit

I have been here twice for the vegan menu items and both times were fantastic. Even though it is a fish and chips place, the vegan choices were excellent and there were several to choose from.

We've had the vegan fish and chips and the vegan fish burger. I am sure that they don't taste like real fish (I don't really remember) but the flavors and textures were really good. The fries are also pretty tasty. We had vegan ice cream both time for dessert.

Both times, the woman behind the scenes came out and asked us if we were vegan (so that she could make the remoulade vegan, which was awesome by the way) so she really cares about her customers.

The place is also very cozy and would be a good place for dates. :)

Pros: Tasty food, Cozy, Close to metro/train

Worth a visit - Edit

What a great little gem!

I found this place here on happycow, and got the idea that it was a fast food joint, as they are serving fish and chips etc. I was wrong. This is a cozy restaurant, right by Vanløse Station - easy to find.

The service is very friendly, warm and welcoming. The staff is knowledgeable about veganism, and explains in their menus that they use separate pans and pots to prepare the vegan items on the menu.

Don't go here if you're in a rush, because there might be a little wait. In the meantime, you can play one of their boardgames.

There is also vegan cookies for sale, vegan hot chocolate and even vegan Irish coffee on the menu!

I had the vegan fish and chips and my friend had their vegan fish steaks (we both preferred his). I was recommended to try their fish burger, so I am trying that on my next visit.

Live candles on the tables. Great place to bring a date.

Pros: Knowledgable staff, Warm and welcoming service, Vegan hot chocolate and irish coffee!

Cons: Not all vegetarian

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fiskafeen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.