Fishtales Cafe

03-55612957

63 Liebig Street, Warrnambool, Victoria, 3280

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burgers, falafel, and other take-away style food with veg choices. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-8:30pm. Sometimes opens later on Friday and Saturday in the summer.

Category: Western, Fast food, Take-out, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by geminibec17

Worth looking past the name - Edit

True - I would not have ventured into Fishtales if it were not for HappyCow. But I am glad we did.
The menu is massive, and covers many different cuisines; from burgers to curries, salads to noodles... almost too many choices.
Ask about vegan options, they are very obliging. I had a tofu burger, and asked if they could do it tandoori style. They were more than happy. It was nice, fresh and not unlike something I might make myself at home.
There is courtyard seating out the back (which smelt like fish the day we were there), as well as outdoor seating at the front (you could bring the dog) and inside. Service is friendly. I wouldn't rave about the food, but you do have options, including fresh juices. Which is nice considering it's pretty limited otherwise in Warrnambool.

Cons: Serves meat

Not that great - Edit

I've been to Fishtales each time I've been to Warrnambool, because until recently there was nowhere else in Warrnambool for vegan lunch. The food has always been a bit underwhelming and this time was no exception. Among three adults (with me the only vegan) we ordered a lentil burger, falafel burger and a vegie burger. Oddly the side of fries was not vegan, while the wedges were. The vegie burger I chose was OK but it seemed like the only vegan condiment they had was sweet chilli sauce: on the burgers, with the wedges. It was everywhere. The falafel burger my companion chose was (as it was when I ordered last time) as dry as a bone. The wedges were OK but not crisp or overly delicious. At around $11-$12 for a burger, prices would be good if the quality of the food was decent.

Pros: Well priced burgers

Cons: Falafel burger very dry, Fries not vegan, Sweet chilli the only vegan sauce

Plenty of Options! - Edit

Fishtales has many vegan options and the staff are so friendly. They are more than happy to make vegan options on request. My husband had a falafel burger with chips and I ate a delicious lentil burger with peanut butter spread! There is also a glass case with a vast array of raw desserts. If you come to Warrnambool and feel limited for options, please go to Fishtales!

Pros: Plenty of options!

Cons: Cant think of any!

Return to Warrnambool Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fishtales Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.