First Capital Dispensing Co.

Contact 717-854-1714

57 N Pershing Ave (at downtown), York, Pennsylvania, USA, 17401

Serves meat, vegan options available. American bar with dining, both smoking allowed. Several regular menu items are vegetarian suitable. Fancy beers & alcohol drinks, live music some nights no cover charge.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by lokoflygirl

Good - Edit

Good veggie food without being stodgy or pretentious. Good soup, asparagus hummus dip and mushroom burgers. Great pub-like atmosphere.

Pros: Downtown location, Atmosphere, Good veggie menu

Cons: Smoky if you are not used to it

Food excellent but still disappointed - Edit

A few years ago, I went here often. Unfortunately, I found the kitchen hours were unposted and unreliable. They served as long as the chef felt like cooking. He was the owner, vegetarian himself, and his creations were excellent. My constant disappointment left me hungry, so I stopped going. I will have to try it out again now three years later and re-review.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 10, 2011

I returned in December, 2011 and was disappointed that there were no entrees or specials vegetarian on this day. The first item on the sandwich menu is a vegetarian item and the French Onion coup is vegetarian. A hummus appetizer is vegetarian and that's all we have. About as much as any other establishment. Nothing special anymore and probably not worthy of being on HappyCow. I'll probably do another visit sometime to see if it was off-week. (pre-Christmas)

Return to York Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has First Capital Dispensing Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1434 times since Aug 2007.