Fireweed

Contact 907-766-3838

37 Blacksmith St, Haines, Alaska, USA, 99827

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant with bar, offering pizza and typical omni selections for the region, with two large dinner salads that are vegan suitable as well as a pickled vegetable appetizer.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Sarah P

Delicious and filling vegan salads - Edit

I ate at Fireweed two nights in a row. The first night I had the salad with nori and edamame, and the second night I had the salad with quinoa and tahini dressing. Both salads were ample and delicious, though I was partial to the quinoa salad. A friend at dinner ordered pizza and salmon spread, and after tasting the quinoa salad she said "I wish I ordered that instead". The same server both nights was vegan. I also ordered a spicy pickled vegetable appetizer that was tasty.
The first night we were seated well before another table who received their drinks, ordered their meals, and received their appetizers before we were approached for a drink order. A friend at the table from Haines said that the folks at the other table were frequent local patrons, and must have gotten preference over a few visitors and less-frequent local. The second night we arrived before the dinner rush, and the service was excellent.

Pros: Delicious, healthy salads, large portions , items are already vegan

Cons: only a few vegan options, service varies, quite busy for dinner, long wait time

Return to Haines Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fireweed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 213 times since Jul 2015.