Firehouse Deli

301-869-4434

6 Montgomery Village Ave, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, 20879

Serves meat, vegan options available. Deli offering some veg choices. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-4:00pm, Sat 11:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by cookiem

unassuming deli with vegan options - Edit

I only ate at this deli once but I was pleased with what I ordered. I got both a meatball sub and an italian sub - veganized. I can't say it was the best thing I've ever eaten, but if you are in the area and in the mood for a deli classic made vegan, give it a try. It is kind of tucked away in a commercial office park so it is not the easiest place to find.

Pros: separate vegan menu, helpful staff

Cons: average food, difficult to find

Vegan options better made at home - Edit

Just because you're in the area, it doesn't mean you want to eat here. The menu is confusing from on-line vs in-store for the vegan options. It's pretty haphazard if you ask me. The organization of the items on the counter denote as much. On the side, a few notes about menu items, which includes things like sushi on it. The counter display case is also rather unorganized. Not good signs for food.

Thankfully... The vegan items are just frozen meat analogues, bread and vegan cheese/ sauce/ veganaise/ lettuce/ tomatoes. You can add avocado or mushroom or green peppers for $ .50 more. There is a pretty regular stream of people, but they mostly grab a quick drink and snack.

If you use a card, they purport to charge you $.25 if it's under $5. The cups are styrofoam. There's a sign that states $.35 for a large cup of ice.

The space is small, but there are 4-5 tables inside and 3 outside. Parking is easy.

The food is mediocre at best. It's really like going to Trader Joe's and warming up the fake meat, adding on a condiment or two from the RJ's condiment section, and placing it inside toasted or un-toasted store bought bread. It is junk food, really. Nutritional value is low.... I would not come back here if I was in the area and starving. I would just drive to the Trader Joe's or head to somewhere with good food!

Pros: Vegan meat substitutes, Easy parking

Cons: Better food made at home, Not healthy

Return to Gaithersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Firehouse Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.