Firefly Fare

• Veg-friendly
Contact 540-206-2630

32 Market Sq (at City Market Bldg), Roanoke, Virginia, USA, 24012

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers vegetarian dishes and has tofu. Uses local farmer's market produce whenever possible. Since 2011.

Category: Lacto, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by buzzasp

Vegan Falafel! - Edit

After reading reviews on here gloating about the BBQ tofu dish, I was eager to try the Firefly Fare out. Once I arrived, I decided to go for a falafel pita vegan style with sweet potato fries. The server was helpful in determining what was already vegan and what options I had within the menu to "veganize." Overall, the food was delicious. Both the falafel and the fries were crispy and I highly recommend them. I can't wait to come back to try the juices and the tofu!

Pros: Knowledgeable Staff, Outdoor Seating, Delicious Vegan Options!

Cons: Somewhat Small Indoor Space

tofu sandwich is delicious - Edit

Very nice place. I sat outside and ordered the tofu sandwich with a side of hoppin john. The food was very tasty. My husband is a carnivore and ordered the ham and turkey wrap which he said was good just small. We joked about how my food was bigger than his meal for once. The server was very knowledgeable and compassionate for vegans. She even pointed out to me not to order the grits because they are cooked in butter. In the end she offered vegan upside-down peach cake but I was much too full. Side note: the coffee is so good!

Found my veg spot - Edit

The falafel was great and the staff is %100 knowledgeable ab what is and is not vegan as well as what everything is made with regardless. Will certainly be coming back!

Also, they have 4 beers on tap!

Amazing! - Edit

I got the BBQ tofu, which was recommended by the employee and it was ridiculously good! The tofu was the perfect consistency and the flavor of the bbq and the avocado sauce were perfect. I'm going back again today just to get another item on the menu before I leave town! They also have craft beer. :)

Cons: 14 bucks was a little high but worth it.

gorgeous patio fresh food - Edit

We tried the inca bowl with red and white quinoa, black eyed peas, sweet potatoes and corn. We also tried the falafel sandwich. Everything was very fresh and delicious. We sat on the patio on a beautiful day. The portions were generous and entrees about $10 each.

Pros: patio, healthy

Cons: serves meat, slow service

firefly fare - Edit

i had the incan bowl (quinoa, roasted corn, sweet potato, etc.) and it was fantastic. all of the menu items looked amazing and i can't wait to work my way through the menu.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, great options

Awesome, Locally-Sourced Cuisine - Edit

Firefly Fare is a wonderful little restaurant serving locally-sourced yummy cuisine. They have an extensive vegetarian menu with many vegan and gluten-free options. I have tried the Incan Bowl which has quinoa, black beans, corn, and freah herbs. It is a perfect combination of spice and aroma. The Falafel pita, Indonesian tofu bowl, and salads are all wonderful too. I love the juices and think the Firefly Flicker is the best. They also serve local wines and have beer available in the dining room. They have daily specials and some really yummy soups.

Pros: Quality, Taste, Service

Return to Roanoke Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Firefly Fare closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2768 times since Sep 2012.