Fire on the Mountain

Contact 303-480-9464

3801 W 32nd Ave, Denver, Colorado, USA, 80211

Serves meat, vegan options available. Buffalo wings, sandwiches, and beer place. Predominately meat but reported has vegan wings, salad and wrap with add-in option of vegan chicken (ask), portabello mushroom, or seitan. Afew sauces are vegan suitable. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by AndreaWest

Good find - Edit

Had the seitan wing special for lunch, it was good, nice atmosphere as well with TVs and art on the walls. I will go back when I am in the area. Bonus that they let you try the sauces before ordering.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere

On Fire with great vegan wings - Edit

We headed for Fire on the Mountain after the Rockies game pretending that we were typical sports fans heading out for wings and beer after the game! We were pleasantly surprised. Most if not all of their wings could be done vegan (seitan if I remember correctly). Each of the wing sauces was very flavourful especially when washed down with a local beer. You could buy the sauces by the bottle, which we did as stocking stuffers for the kids. The tater tots were great as well. One warning if you go to Fire on the Mountain beware “El Jefe”. This wing was maybe the spiciest food we have ever eaten. We have already planned to head back to Denver when the kids are old enough to drink to go skydiving from a hot air balloon and to celebrate with a beer and another match with “El Jefe”.

grateful - Edit

I'm glad to live so close to this place. They have a great staff & the food isn't too shabby either. I really enjoy the setan wings. There aren't a whole lot of options for vegans but they are happy to accommodate you however they can which is always nice. My husband (who is a carnivore) really loves this place and I'm always happy to join him here.
I really like that the to go boxes and plastic cups are all earth friendly.

Pros: Great staff, Earth conscious to-go containers

Cons: Expensive, would like more vegan options

Excellent - Edit

Best seitan wings ive ever had. Nice atmosphere.
Dont know what the other review was talking about. There were 10 vegan sauces when I was there. Only 2 were non vegan (they still were vegetarian). Great fried pickles too.

Very Disappointed! - Edit

I went here a few months ago to eat with very high expectations. It's near my work and seemed amazing to be able to get that grub food that I love! I went with a friend for lunch and there were maybe 10 other people in the whole restaurant. I ordered the seitan wings and a seitan sandwich. It took an hour to get our food. No lies! With 10 other people there. And the wings were so overfriend, they were impossible to bite into and tasted burnt. The sandwich was much better and I ended up throwing away half of my food that cost about $25. Needless to say, I haven't been back. It's sad, truthfully. I would not recommend.

Pros: Cool Place

Cons: Slow Service, Terribly Overcooked Seitan, Very Few Vegan Sauces

Finally, a wing joint for vegetarians and vegans! - Edit

Never thought you'd be able to eat at a wing joint? Think again. Fire on the Mountain Denver is a new locally-owned restaurant that scores with a wide variety of veggie and vegan friendly options. Apps include tater tots, sweet potato tots, fried pickles, and sweet potato fries...all vegan! Their entree selections range from yummy, locally-made seitan "wings" to tasty wraps and awesome salads. Nine of twelve of their house made sauces are vegan and all are to die for. Ready for dessert? Try a deep fried oreo (not necessarily healthy but still vegan) or Nutter Butter. Paired with an awesome selection of local beers and creative specialty cocktails, this place delivers a fun, fresh new veggie/vegan experience in Denver. Fire on the Mountain...it's not just a wing joint! Come check it out for yourself.

Pros: vegan options, great sauces, friendly staff

Cons: little noisy, not completely vegetarian

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fire on the Mountain closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3343 times since May 2012.