Fiore's Italian Bakery

• Veg-friendly
Contact 617-524-9200

55 South St (at Custer St), Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, USA, 02130

Serves meat, vegan options available. This cozy and funky cafe offers plenty of vegan food, clearly labeled. Food includes cookies, cupcakes, sandwiches, salads, smoothies, pizza by the slice, and more. Has non-dairy milk for coffee. Try the peanut butter ball dipped in chocolate or the vegan whoopie pie. You could also order custom vegan cakes. An ever-changing array of art lines the walls. Look for the green awning and yellow letters sign. Established since 2001.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Bakery, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by zaphod46

great vegan menu! - Edit

we came here for brunch on a sunday morning. the seating is pretty tight, but the vegan menu is so awesome we didn't mind! delicious iced coffee and vegan treats and pastries. We tried the vegan bagel sandwich and tempeh, and got some chocolate pnut butter balls for a brunch dessert. :)

Pros: vegan menu, vegan baked goods, iced coffee

Cons: cramped seating, pastries not labeled if vegan

amazing vegan food! - Edit

I had the vegan Italian maki: a panini type sandwich with eggplant, spinach, avocado, caramelized onions, pesto, and spicy veganaise, DELICIOUS!!! My husband had a seitan bagel sandwich. His was good too but my was GREAT! Sadly, none of their desserts are vegan but I did have a yummy banana, PB and soy milk smoothie! I will definitely come here again when I'm in Boston, great find!

Pros: food, atmosphere

Cons: no vegan desserts

Good food and lots of baked goods - Edit

Fiore's has several great vegan sandwiches (more than half) very clearly marked, good baked goods and a consistently friendly attitude. I would, of course, be happier if they were totally vegan, had more space, and more selection of vegan baked treats, but frankly they are one of my go-to places for good food in reasonably short order, and the food is good and doesn't ever taste like it came off a line.

Pros: Personal, Good hot sandwiches, Baked goods

Cons: Can get crowded, have to ask about baked goods, space has some wear

Vegan pizza! - Edit

Fiore's Italian Bakery is a wonderful establishment in a great part of town. They cater to most everyone, but vegans have many options from salads to sandwiches, vegan pizza made with a cashew cheese and many pastries. From time to time they also have a gluten free and vegan pastry. I've never had my socks knocked off by anything at Fiore's, but they are a great establishment overall, meeting the needs of vegans with many options.

Pros: Good range of options, Good value, Nice vibe

Cons: Closes early

Great Vegan Options! - Edit

We stopped in to Fiore for coffee and hoped we'd be able to find a vegan muffin or something to snack on. Instead, we found a whole section of the menu entitled "Vegan Sandwiches," which were very delicious. The bakery case (even one hour before closing on a Sunday night) was filled with cookies, cupcakes, and pastries that were all vegan.

You still need to ask, not all the baked goods were vegan, but there were plenty of options, both savory and sweet. They also use vegan gluten-free bread on request for the sandwiches, which is rare, but wonderful.

Pros: clear labels, pastries

Cons: small tables

2 Responses

Return to Jamaica Plain Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fiore's Italian Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1223 times since Sep 2010.