Finn's Pizza

• Veg-friendly
Contact 907-235-2878

Homer Spit Rd (at Cannery Rd Boardwalk), Homer, Alaska, USA, 99603

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic woodfired pizza and more. Pies are custom made and can request for one without cheese - ask for a clean slicing wheel.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by naturefinder

worth the price for a special treat - Edit

5/18/2016 we ordered the polenta bake with tomato sauce and all vegetables possible, it was delicious and filling, the favorite of all ordered by the vegan and non-vegan. Still no vegan protein, but super filling.
I ate at Finn's at the end of the 2014 summer season on recommendations from many locals who said Finn's would be the best place to try for vegan pizza. The folks working at Finn's were very courteous, knowledgeable, and willing to help find good meal options. We ordered a pizza and a salad, and the meal was very filling despite having no protein options. I would give another cow face if there were even one protein to put on the pizza.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 30, 2014

Pros: delicious polenta bake!, kind, helpful, friendly staff, local favorite, beautiful view

Cons: Expensive, No vegan protein, closed in the winter

Strict vegetarians BEWARE - Edit

I was looking for a vegetarian oasis on the fish heaven of Homer spit. I was told most restaurants would have at least one veg option, but Finn's Pizza used good, fresh ingredients and I'd be able to get something vegetarian for sure. And if I weren't strict, it would have been wonderful--the pizza really did look and smell delicious.

So I was grateful while waiting cause I was getting hungry. When my turn to order came, I confirmed that yes, I could get a slice, but the next pie for slices would take 10 minutes.

I asked if they would be willing to use a clean cutting wheel, and they took a breath and agreed--it was their busy time.

Then I realized that the pizza she was making with meat on half was the one she meant. I asked when she was making one that was all vegetarian, and they informed me that they didn't do that so they would have something for everyone.

Another worker suggested I could get a personal pizza--3 slices for $14. I don't do well with dairy, and I was on a budget, so that didn't make sense for me. Though it turns out that is what I should have done.

Then she suggested the Thai curry soup, so I ordered a bowl. I remembered that sometimes green curry is made with fish. When I asked the woman, now visibly stressed with my questions, said she didn't know, but that she thought it was--it was from the company Thai Kitchen. I was surprised that it wasn't homemade, but thought I remembered that was an ok brand. Normally I wouldn't eat it if I didn't know for sure, but by this time I was really hungry and thought this was my best chance, so I sat to eat my soup. It was $8 (not a shock given it was Alaska) and did not come with any equivalent of bread on the side, so I was still really hungry after.

I brought my bowl back and mentioned the pizza smelled great and too bad I couldn't get any cause I was still really hungry. The pizza making woman offered to make another veg order into a whole pizza. I really appreciated her thinking outside the box and trying. But due to a miscommunication, that didn't get to happen, either.

The real bummer is that I was in a supermarket today and saw Thai Kitchen products. I read the ingredients for the green curry soup and it HAS fish in it. I'd like to tell them, but I can't find an email address for them anywhere.

So if you go to the Homer spit, please tell Finn's their Thai curry soup is NOT vegetarian. If you are strict, get a whole pie. I'm sure they'd make a whole pie without cheese, too.

Pros: fresh ingredients, custom made orders, looks & smells great

Cons: told me soup was veg, but wasn't, no all veg pies available for slices

Yummy Yummy Finn's - Edit

What a lucky find on Homer's not so Vegetarian friendly Spit. Finn's does one thing and they do it really well, PIZZA! We found this place simply by the delicious smell of basil that was wafting out the door. Downstairs they have a small bar with 4 seats that seem to fill quick, probably due to the proximity of that warm brick oven and access to cold draft beers. They sell great pies for both vegetarians and carnivores, but have some really intriguing combinations, for the more adventurous try the Blue Pear Pizza - fresh organic pear, pine nuts and gorgonzola blue cheese. The pies are a bit pricy by Philly or NYC standards but for Alaska not too bad. If you are on a tight budget, no problem they also make most of their specialty pizzas by the slice. If the premium seats downstairs are taken head back out the door and up the steps to the plexiglass room with an amazing view, kept fairly warm as it is open to the downstairs brick oven, when your order is ready it will be brought upstairs to you. Great place, excellent pizza!

Pros: great pizza, woodfired oven, solarium w/ views

Cons: small, alaska prices

Return to Homer Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Finn's Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 519 times since Aug 2011.