Fina's Vegetarian Cafe

• Friend
  • Vegetarian
Contact 03-94286765

268 Victoria St, Richmond, Victoria, 3121

Vietnamese vegetarian restaurant. Food is vegan, some cakes are ovo-lacto veg. Free Wi-Fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by Kerrie okeefe

Oh wow this place is good!! - Edit

The title says it all. We went there for dinner and were impressed with the quality of the food, the generous portions, the service and commitment and genuineness of the staff. The entrees were fresh and tasty and the soup dishes were hot and made to our liking (hot for me, not so hot for my partner). The smoothies were also delicious with the owner cutting down the sweetness to suit our tastes. The decor is charming making it a great place for a date night or quick feed after work. The cakes (not vegan) also looked tempting but we were too full to try them... maybe next time.

Pros: Excellent food, Lovely committed staff, Food made to your liking

Cons: Parking can be challenging

Fresh and Satisfying - Edit

Came here with a friend and really enjoyed the Vermicelli Noodle salad. It was fresh, yummy and a decent portion size for a reasonable price. My friend enjoyed the Vegan Pho and we both liked the Ferero and Snickers raw slices but $7.80 per slice was a bit pricey (but all raw slices are). Would have liked to have seen some cooked vegan desserts. Also can't wait to go back for sticky rice w./ ice cream and fresh sugar cane juice but the machine was not working when I visited.

great dining experience - Edit

Came here for my mums birthday and was so glad with the outcome. Was apprehensive about taking a non vegan family here but any doubts were dispelled when we walked in and were greeted so warmly by the owner. Everyone loved their meals (very reasonably priced) and my mum couldn't stop raving about hers. The drinks were tasty, especially the custard Apple smoothie and strawberry frappe. The raw cakes were great also, especially the strawberry, and mud cake.
On the drive home we all agreed that you don't miss the meat/eggs/dairy at all!! Maybe there's hope for converting them yet... Haha

Pros: mostly vegan, cheap. kind and quick service, delicious

Fina's Fab Pho - Edit

I've eaten here before and wasn't super impressed. I decided to give this Fina's branch another go after a great meal at the newer Brunswick St branch. We were on Victoria St for the Lunar New Year celebrations so there were plenty of tasty street food options but we were happy with our decision to dine here.

The cafe shares a menu with it's Fitzroy sister and has added quite a few dishes since I last came here. There are HEAPS of soups. Many menu items offer options for no mock meat, substituting for more veggies or tofu, and also with more mock meat for those who love it! We both had the pho chay without any of the mock adjustments. Has a great balance and variety of veggies, tofu, mock, and a huge tangle of rice noodles beneath. The broth is the best I've had in Melbs.

For an extra $3 you can upgrade to a "meal deal" and enjoy a Vietnamese iced coffee to wash down your soup. They offer vegan versions of all drinks and shakes with condensed soy milk. The subtle nutty flavour of Hanoi coffee made my day!

Pros: good variety, vegan Viet iced coffee

Cons: the cakes don't look that great imo

All about the pho - Edit

I ate pho, for the first time since returning to veganism. It was excellent, and it made me extraordinarily happy.

The restaurant is nicely enough presented, the service is pleasant and attentive, the menu is fairly broad and contains many old Vietnamese favourites veganised, but I was there for the pho and I got exactly what I wanted - a giant bowl of delicious, flavoursome broth, studded with good things, with a giant portion of rice noodles underneath, herbs and chilli to tear into it. If I were going to criticise anything, it would be to question the presence of cauliflower in pho, and to beg for a serve of vegan fish sauce alongside. There are a few excellent brands available here in Australia, after all.

When I go again, it will be hard to explore the rest of the menu, but it looks pretty tempting

Pros: Vegan Pho, Nice service, Impressively broad menu

Delicious Vegan Pho! - Edit

I have been coming here for years since it opened and I have watched this tasty menu develop.. It's a conveniently located family owned place that is friendly and clean.
The Bamboo noodles are my favourite.
I even visited Vietnam on their recommendation.
You will not be disappointed.

Pros: extensive menu, juices and smoothies, quick service

Cons: could be more organic

Just what the doctor ordered! - Edit

Fina is a place that ticks all my boxes.

The owners and staff are genuinely friendly folk. They looked after us with great care, as should be the case with all new faces! We asked for and received adequate explanations of the menu items, and were given recommendations on what to eat given the weather.

The portion sizes were perfect, the flavours just right, and everything was freshly made and presented in an authentic Vietnamese style. To top it off, our lunch must have been one of the cheapest meals possible nowadays. I challenge anyone to knock back a $9.00 soup at Fina's and not be sated.

This venue is a great example of modern vegan Vietnamese cuisine, and is a must for lovers of Asian flavours.

Pros: Great food, Amazing value for money, Lovely staff

Friendly Fina's - Edit

It was a sunny Melbourne day when I met a friend at Fina's this week. With outside seating, it was very pleasant to watch folk go by, not feeling rushed or pressured by staff to order as we met and caught up before deciding what to order. After much deliberation, and a few laughs at the menu spelling errors, we decided on the rice paper rolls and each of us had a soup.
All the food was fresh and tasty, served with a smile.
We enjoyed it, but we were not tempted by the many, many Asian style drinks they have on display. Tea was nice.

Pros: friendly service, outdoor seating

friendly lunch - Edit

fina's is unprepossessing and welcoming. the first thing you see is the dessert window, all sugar and spice and meringue and colour. get yourself past that and enjoy vietnamese dishes freshly prepared. it's a few weeks since i enjoyed lunch there, so can't remember what i ate. decided to take an avocado drink away, though when i saw how much sugar was going into it, i asked for less. i guess the sugar brings out the flavour, so mine was bland, although thick and smooth. next time i'd try something else, such as mango & coconut.

Pros: friendly welcome, good value, generous helpings

Cons: too much sugar, smell of frying

Delicious fresh food, friendly proprietors - Edit

My partner and I went to Fina's for the first time last night. We ordered the salad and the vermicelli noodles with spring rolls. Even the dish with the spring rolls felt reasonably healthy because apart spring rolls, it was full of vegetables and tofu. Both dishes were full of fresh vegies, and were delicious. The owners were very friendly and explained how each dish was supposed to be eaten. It's good value too at about $10/main. There were also lots of soups on the menu, which we look forward to trying when the weather gets cooler.

Pros: great food, fresh and healthy, friendly staff

Incredible flavours! - Edit

I am fortunate enough to live near to Fina's. I think their menu is fantastic and all the food is delicious and fresh. They have such a clever way with flavours, I really cannot fault this place. My non-veg husband also loves this place too. The service is relaxed and friendly which is a plus.

Pros: Great menu, Very affordable, Friendly staff

Great service, tasty pho! - Edit

The service here is always relaxed and happy and extremely welcoming. The family who own this restaurant are so gorgeous! And the food, yummo! Who doesn't want to chow down a great vegan pho or spring rolls on vermicelli? Good value too.

Pros: Value, Tasty, Friendly!

All Good!!!!! - Edit

Its a cafe that does beautiful vegetarian food. I love the food and the drinks and service is always friendly. I recently discovered this place by chance whilst looking for another place and so far everything I have tried has been all good. Only thing is I haven't tried much more than anything I had the first day. Spring rolls and the spicy noodle (Ban Hue Chay) and the spring rolls. Excellent flavors and reasonably priced I thought. Have tried another soup noodle which I thought was lovely but didn't like it as much as my favorites. I had a Viet iced coffee b4 and a avocado drink which was also beautiful. I tried their custard cakes but I wasn't a real fan of them. But other than that my experiences so far have been all good and I will keep going there when the mood and time fits.

Pros: sensational food, friendly service, good value

Lunch Saigon style - Edit

In Melbourne for a few days, bf and I went exploring along Victoria St, Richmond, looking for vegetarian lunch and as luck would have it, chanced apon Fina's Cafe, close to the Church Street corner. I ordered Duang Noodle, a vege pho noodle soup, with mushroom and tofu that was absolutely delicious. Bf ordered the Vegetarian Curry with noodles and he gave it the big thumbs up. After lunch we relaxed in the cool, friendly atmosphere of the cafe, drinking Iced Coffees (Saigon style), watching the passing street life and chatting to Steve, the owner. Fina's is a great little cafe with lots of charm and we recommend it.

Return to Richmond Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fina's Vegetarian Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3319 times since Feb 2012.