Fina's 2

03-94156765

339 Brunswick St, Fitzroy, Victoria, 3065

Similar menu to the original Fina's in Richmond except that this one is all-vegan. Serves Vietnamese cuisine, plus cakes and smoothies. Modern, informal decor opening out onto the street. Since Apr 2015. Open Mon 11:00am-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by verbosity

Fantastic - Edit

I have never been there before, great food and at a really reasonable price. The soup that I had was yummy. I'll definitely be going back there agin. Friendly staff to.

fina's 2 - Edit

Yummy food but I went on a hot day and it wasn't air conditioned

Good vegan food served with a smile - Edit

Great range of all-vegan dishes, from soups and deep-fried starters to salads and rich saucy dishes, most of which you can choose to replace tofu with mock meat or vice versa.

We had the fried wonton, sweet potato cake, rice paper rolls, spicy noodle soup, and chicken satay, and loved everything. The standout dishes were probably the wontons and the chicken satay.

Portions were generous and prices reasonable, service was super friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was pleasant and calm although the restaurant was almost full. Fina's stock a range of raw vegan desserts, many of which we sampled and greatly enjoyed; favourites were probably the Choc Mint Delight (?) and the Cherry Ripe Slice. If you're not in the mood for a Vietnamese dinner, definitely pop in for dessert to eat in or take away!

Pros: All vegan, Wide ranging, easily customisable menu, Delicious food and generous portions

Decent - Edit

Just had lunch here. Ordered the fried silken tofu, the banh xeo, and a carrot-ginger-celery-mint juice. The juice was great, the other two were pretty good too. Portions were generous for the price. I really couldn't find fault with this place, but nothing stood out either. So 3.5 for me rounded up to a 4.

Pros: good value

Easily my favorite restaurant - Edit

I had a lunch here for my wedding back in October. They were more than happy to have our party of 25 including lots of children. My Husband and I have eaten here a fair few times. The Curry and Salt and Pepper tofu are our favorite.

Pros: vegan menu, indicates gf and allergy info on each item, well priced

Absolutely amazing. - Edit

Love coming here for an amazing meal. Fast, friendly staff serving tasty, good portion size.
Cannot recommend highky enough!
Special bamboo noodle soup for me please!

Pros: well designed menu, friendly staff, amazing food

Tasty food !!!!! - Edit

I was here with my friend this afternoon and we got a vegan pancake. OMG the pancake is huge, extremely delicious with lots of veggies on the dish. Also the sauce was yummmy.
The guy serving here friendly and nice, he's really helpful. We even didn't ask for more sauce or water but he knew we need them.
Highly recommended ??????????
They got 5stars from me.

Best Vegan PHO - Edit

Amazing Vietnamese vegan foods.
Really love this place can't wait to be back.

Updated from previous review on 2016-02-06

Vietnamese vegan food with maybe potential - Edit

Our foray into vegan food is still a new experience and Finas 2 wasn’t the best advertising for the lifestyle; especially for us after having just returned from an animal activism conference and having had absolutely delicious vegan food. We hope Finas 2 just had a bad day or we just picked the wrong dishes.

For entré we had Vegan Crispy Tofu (young silly deep fried tofu and a “special” soy sauce with ginger plus some garnish), which was quite nice.

One of our main course dishes was Vietnamese Vegan Pho soup (pho rice noodles, “special” broth, mushrooms, tofu, mock beef, Vietnamese spices and herbs and a side dish of sprouts & basil, fresh chilli, lemon and chilli & hoisin sauce) - overall quite tasty but nothing out of the ordinary. The side dish was a total letdown: the sprouts were anything but fresh, turning brown at their ends. And the basil was largely as black as only rotting basil can be. Made us wonder how fresh the veggies in the soup actually were - or how tired and old.

The other dish was a Vegan Vermicelli Noodle Salad (thin vermicelli, lettuce, carrot, mint, cucumber, sprouts, vegan spring rolls, tofu, peanut and a “special” vegan sauce). Same story re the sprouts. The sauce was certainly needed for the cold and flavourless vermicelli that were served like a kind of a big hunk with a bit of a funny smell.

On the plus side: the avocado shake was delicious, vegan cheesecake wasn’t too bad and the service was great. The guys on floor [edit by staff] were very friendly and just great. The ambiance of the place is quite nice too. Pity the main courses were disappointing. 3/5 because of the plusses.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: the main courses we had

Not satisfied - Edit

I went there earlier today to have lunch. Had some fried noodles with vegetables and some tofu and something that should replace "chicken" (what ever that was). The taste was poor and the texture of the dish was weird. Couldn't eat everything as it wasn't pleasing. Had an orange juice to it which was good and fresh but it came in a glas with a lid that was not really nice from inside when I opened it. Somehow brownish not clean or what ever... Maybe it wasn't my day but I wasn't really satisfied with what I got for AUD$ 22....

Yummy! - Edit

I had the Wontons and The Pho. It tasted amazing! So nice to have some good noodles! The curry was good too and my friends loved the rice paper rolls.
Staff were lovely and it was a great night

Okay, not great - Edit

All Asian food, except for the desserts, which are very international. I had the rice noddle salad with fired tofu and spring rolls and I found the food a bit bland and boring. The fresh juice however was great (pick and mix from various ingredients to create your own) and the dessert (caramel macadamia slice) was delicious as well. All in all it's okay, but there are better restaurants very close by.

Tasty and filling - Edit

The menu is filled with photos which is helpful. I had the salt and pepper tofu as an entree and the pho soup. It was so filling! The service was fast and there were lots of tables. The restaurant was very full when we left. I also got a cherry ripe slice and a raw blueberry cheesecake to take away. Both were amazing!

Pros: price, serving size

Great Vietnamese food, big menu, delicious desserts - Edit

Very good and genuine Vietnamese food. Salads, rich meals, soups sandwiches and cakes. Has fake meat, tofu and vegetable based options. Nice ambience

Pros: Varied menu, big and small meals. Lots of protein.

Amazing food every time and great service! - Edit

The restaurant is a great place for pretty much every occasion. They are very accommodating and the food is fantastic especially considering the prices. Their pho and rice paper rolls are the best I've ever had so far and the taro frappe tastes heavenly. it's a great restaurant and one that I always keep coming to.

Pros: everything is vegan, the food is really good, it's well priced

So much potential... - Edit

I have had a couple of soups at Fina's2 and have not been particularly enamoured, however I spied a couple feasting on their 'roll your own' rice paper rolls when I was there last and was quite envious. So recently, I rounded my brother up, secured a table and ordered the pork skewers for two. They were amazingly yummy, but, only enough for one person. For $26.80 I felt disappointed and slightly embarrassed. This place has so much potential, if they made the pork skewers their signature dish and were significantly more generous with their ingredients, Fina's2 could be an absolute winner.

Pros: Smart eclectic decor

Cons: Small servings, a touch pricey

A Little Underwhelming - Edit

If you prefer a tipple with your Vietnamese, this is the place to go. There are some decent Vietnamese vegan establishments in this town (Loving Hut and Bo de Trai spring to mind), but their religious proclivities prohibit the consumption of alcohol on their premises. At Finas 2 the food is always tasty, however servings tend to be small and key ingredients listed on the menu are often entirely absent from the dish.

Pros: friendly service, nice vibe and decor, licenced & BYO

Cons: servings often missing core ingredients, portions tend to be on the stingy side, not very good value for money

Extensive menu - Edit

Would love to have tried one of the delicious looking soups, but it was over 40 outside and I just couldn't work up the enthusiasm. The meal I had (a "pancake" that looked rather like an omelet) was tasty but not remarkable, though the custard-apple smoothie I had with it was pretty incredible.

Pros: Lovely decor

Cons: On the expensive side

Return to Fitzroy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fina's 2 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.