Fina's 2

• ( 67 reviews )

339 Brunswick St, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia, 3065

Second Fina’s restaurant, following the one in Richmond, with the same menu. Serves Vietnamese cuisine plus cakes and smoothies. Example of dishes include rice noodle soup, crispy chick'n with rice, fried spring rolls, savory pancake, curry, and banh mi sandwich. Modern, informal decor opening out onto the street. Since 2015. Minimum card payment $20. Open Mon 11:00am-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm. Kitchen closes at 9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by BreakfastKlutz

BenMaca

Points +80

14 Nov 2021

We’ll be back!

My friend and I tried this restaurant for the first time and were so impressed by their food we’ll be back again. My friend had the Bamboo Noodle soup, and I had the Fina’s Special Fried Rice (which was one of the best fried rices I’ve ever had!) Staff were helpful, restaurant was well presented.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great choice of dishes, Delicious food

Cons: They don’t split bills

Frangipanistreet

Points +221

22 Jun 2021

Great restaurant - highly recommended

Fina's is a great restaurant: the food is absolutely delicious, great choice of 100% vegan meals and very friendly staff. Prices are reasonable, very fresh and tasty food - loved it!

We'll be back😄

Pros: 100% vegan, delicious food, frendly staff and nice relaxed atmosphere

Cons: Nothing to dislike!

KatherineLat

Points +512

10 Jun 2021

Absolutely delicious

I went here for the first time a few weeks ago and my family and I are in love! Even my Omni dad loved the food. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of everything, but the standouts were the salt & pepper tofu and chicken & tofu clay pot. I’m already excited to return! The prices were good too. The venue is a little run down, and the deserts weren’t quite as good, but I’ve still given 5 stars because the mains were just that good.

Pros: Amazing meals, SO flavoursome, Good prices , Variety on menu

Cons: Venue could do with redecorating

TonyMacaroniRyder

Points +126

24 May 2021

My favourite place in Melbourne

Been away from Melbourne for 4.5 years and this was my last meal. I thought about this exact meal ever since leaving and when I came back to Melbs, I had this and it was just as good as I remembered!!!

Everything is vegan, friendly staff, incredibly tasty and well priced. I tell everyone to come here when visiting melbs.

Pros: 100% vegan , Great pricing, Tasty AF

Cons: Nothing

YoshikoTakeuchi

Points +271

Mostly Veg
10 Mar 2021

Very Healthy Vegan Vietnamese

I really enjoyed the fact that it was so healthy, as they do not use any MSG! The menu has so many different options, I tried both the spicy noodle soup and tuna and bamboo claypot. For my thoughts and full review on the dishes, please head to my blog: https://cookingwithyoshiko.com/finas-vegan-restaurant-vegan-vietnamese-in-melbourne/

NDVegan

Points +4599

21 Jan 2021

I love Fina's!!

Run by a super lovely couple, Fina's is a tasty delight. Fresh vegan Vietnamese food. So many yummy dishes. Great bunn, banh mi, curry, spring rolls, salt and pepper tofu and the taro frappe yum!!!

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Great service

Joshuas

Points +162

16 Jan 2021

Tasty food

Not usually a big fan of mock meats, but did enjoy the ones they used here and included in dishes in small quantities.

Pros: Diverse menu

Vegan bear 32

Points +74

27 Dec 2020

Fresh and zingy!

Great fresh food bursting with flavors!
Quick service, very polite staff [censored]
Great menu with lots of choices

Pros: Great choice, Fresh , Bursting with flavors

Cons: Too big portion.. lol

steveontheline

Points +74

05 Dec 2020

The Best Viet in Melbourne

We had been here a couple of times before we discovered the SALT & PEPPER TOFU now we can.t order anything else. Its the best in the world. So its the standing order Spring rolls rapped in lettuce and mint leaves and Salt & Pepper Tofu. Magnifique! Last time we ordered the honeycomb cheese cake for desert and 2 glasses of Yalumba Y Series Shiraz Perfect! The friendly atmosphere and genuine warmth of everyone in this restaurant is more than welcome. Enjoy!

Update about 1 month ago during lock-down we had to have Salt & Pepper Tofu but take away was the only option, I think it may have been a new chef because the person who served us was not familiar. We were very disappointed, the normal crispy tofu was soft and the veggies were over cooked. Will try again. But not happy at the moment. They have lost their crown.

Updated from previous review on 2019-12-09

Pros: Best Salt & Pepper Tufu, Friendly Atmosphere, Reasonably Priced

AndrewWalton

Points +99

23 Nov 2020

Veg Stir Fry with Rice

Really good stir fry; tasty, varied, affordable and good portion size.

Ben-ManPhillips

Points +75

16 Nov 2020

Fantastic

First visit to a restaurant since lockdown eased and it was lovely. The food was delicious and the staff were taking excellent procurations to keep people distanced and comfortable. Highly recommend.

gypsy_soul🌸

Points +1184

16 Jun 2020

Soooo darn delicious!

Best not calamari, not bacon and not duck I’ve ever had. Perfectly good veges in my dry noodle dish and the flavours were divine👌🏼

MaeBe

Points +29

13 Mar 2020

Alright

Good food, but we had the feeling it wasn‘t cooked freshly, because it was so fast. The vegetables were partly overcooked. Nevertheless a nice place to stop by and get some rather average but enjoyable food.
Staff was really friendly!

Pros: All vegan, fair prices, Nice staff, Nice background music

Cons: Mediocre food , Rather cheap atmosphere

YvetteMak

Points +143

01 Mar 2020

Vietnamese restaurant

Had high expectations due to the reviews here and travelled quite a distance to try this restaurant during my holidays.
Was a little disappointed as food was quite on spar with other Viet restaurants I have tried.

Food was 3.6/5

Updated from previous review on 2020-03-01

Pros: Friendly staff, Big menu

Cons: Restaurant a little dark

ChalkyWhite

Points +88

14 Feb 2020

Love it!

The mock chicken is some of the best mock meat I’ve ever tried. I have gone out of my way multiple time just to get it

LisaSpykers

Points +2698

02 Feb 2020

Average food

I don't really like writing a mediocre review but tried this place upon reading all the excellent reviews here and felt that either the kitchen was not having a good day or the other reviewers haven't tried great Vietnamese food before. I was disappointed... The food lacked the flavors I've tried in other vegan Vietnamese restaurants, in Australia and abroad. All 3 dishes ordered were just kinda bland: a laksa-type soup, beef hot pot and the salt and pepper tofu. I wondered if I was being too critical but those I dined with said the same thing. On the positive, the portions are generous and the service is lovely.

TaylorChampagne

Points +186

21 Nov 2019

I could eat here all day

This place is so good I went back there twice- in one day! The first time we went with a vegan food tour and loved it so much we went back for dinner that night!! If you go the, The fried chicken starter is so delicious!

Pros: Vegan menu, Amazing food, Delicious desserts

danhosk

Points +356

30 Sep 2019

Very solid

Didn’t blow me away but it won’t disappoint. Good menu and prices.

TraciGriffiths

Points +28

20 Jun 2019

Heavenly palate

Welcoming friendly staff and fast, professional service

Pros: Amazing selection, Incredible Vegan desserts all in one stop, Fresh vibes and tunes

Cons: We need this restaurant in Sydney

vegandoctor

Points +28

20 Jun 2019

I'm in heaven

Attentive staff
Personal touch
Delicious food
Extensive selection

Pros: Good atmosphere

Tiggy

Points +10144

08 Jun 2019

Consistent quality

I was back here for dinner recently after a long break. This place has established itself as one of Melbourne’s most popular vegan restaurants. The food is consistent in quality and the restaurant has its own distinctive version of Vietnamese cuisine. I was a regular for a long time, so I made my way through most of the menu. My favourite was always the bamboo noodle soup ($15), with the crispy mock duck on top. Now I’ve discovered that this place has hands-down the best salt and pepper tofu in Melbourne: crisp on the outside, tender inside, plenty of flavour and a decent amount of vegetables.

Carlie400

Points +65

18 Feb 2019

DELICIOUS

Great customer service, I had the pancake thing which was delicious and a banana smoothie, equally delicious! Will be returning with friends!

taysullivan

Points +66

17 Feb 2019

Perfect find!

Always loved Vietnamese food, but all vegan, my gosh it’s amazing! Highly recommend! Entree, main & dessert all so tasty.

Pros: Everything is vegan! , Cheap!

EmmaZ

Points +757

18 Jan 2019

Great food

Amazing food with a great menu

NimbusTLD

Points +47

13 Jan 2019

Not happy about my last visit here

My family and I are repeat customers of both Fina's restaurants over the last 5 years. Prices keep going up, and amount of food in each dish keeps going down. This time we ordered a 2-person mushroom hotpot, advertised at $37 on the menu, which is already expensive, especially considering the amount of mushrooms was low, and lacked the advertised oyster mushrooms. I was shocked to discover the price of this dish on the bill was $45! The guy at the till showed me another menu where the price had obviously been manually changed to $45. Even the menu on their website still displays the $37 price. I won't be coming back in a hurry. To end on a positive note, the food was delicious!

Updated from previous review on 2019-01-13

Pros: Delicious food!!

Cons: Misleading prices, Served dish did not match menu description

Pet Sounds

Points +79

23 Nov 2018

Tasty with friendly vibes.

Love Fina's! They do Vietnamese Vegan and do it well. Also consistently delicious noodle soup which is good for hot or cold weather. Staff are very friendly and the setting is comfortable. Flexible with menu changes i.e. no mock meat etc.

Pros: All vegan. Nice range of desserts.

Cons: I'd prefer less mainstream soft drinks on the menu

Tofulicious

Points +1093

20 Nov 2018

A Little Underwhelming

If you prefer a tipple with your Vietnamese, this is the place to go. There are some decent Vietnamese vegan establishments in this town (Loving Hut in Northcote, Bo de Trai and Huong Viet in Footscray spring to mind), but their religious proclivities prohibit the consumption of alcohol.

At Finas 2 the food is always tasty, however servings tend to be small and key ingredients listed on the menu are often entirely absent. Rather than abundance and generosity, the dishes here tend to portray stinginess and scarcity. Having compared identical dishes at the two Finas, however, this one is a distinct improvement on the Richmond store - even the occasional oriental mushroom can be found.

Pros: vegan, nice vibe and decor, licenced and BYO

Cons: servings often missing core ingredients, portions on the stingy side, nary a vegetable in sight

Return to Fitzroy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fina's 2 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.