Filibertos Mexican Food

Contact 480-807-1966

3041 E McKellips Rd, Mesa, Arizona, USA, 85213

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican fast food chain in Arizona where you can get a veg burrito. Does not use lard in their beans or tortillas. Rice is made with tomato sauce and spices. Guacamole is vegan. There's a bar with green and red sauce as well as pickled onions and carrots (pickled with jalapeno juice and cold radishes). Basic conventional brands of sodas. Some locations offer iced tea.

Category: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Supercords

Will do in a pinch, but you can do better - Edit

Having recently returned from a year and half in Japan, I was craving some Mexican food. I did a quick search online, and read somewhere that Filibertos doesn't use lard in their tortillas or beans, so I brought my parents and brother with me to give it a try.

I ordered the veggie burrito--the only veggie option on the menu. We got an order of chips and salsa, plus a side of guacamole for the table.

The burritos are huge and a good value for the money. It contained the standard beans, rice, lettuce, tomato, onions, and guac. I enjoyed it. The chips and pico de gallo were very lackluster. The guacamole looked like the packaged spread you get at Walmart.

The salsa bar is pretty good. I like being able to scoop my own choice of salsas, rather than being given packets or one small container at the counter. They also have strips of onion and jalapeno, which I've never seen at other salsa bars.

Since I can get a veggie burrito almost anywhere, I don't foresee myself going here again. Not unless they added a few other vegan options to their menu.

Pros: Value, Salsa Bar, Fast

Cons: Quality, Atmosphere, Veggie Variety

Return to Mesa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Filibertos Mexican Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4285 times since Mar 2011.