Fig + Farro

3001 Hennepin Ave S, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 55408

Vegetarian restaurant and bar. Offers a menu of salads, soups, vegan meatballs, desserts. Bar opens till 11pm. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Beer/Wine, European

First Review by GusLongacre

Great, almost all vegan menu - Edit

This place has a great vibe - a bit upscale but not stuffy. Friendly staff, seasonal menu and almost everything can be made vegan.

Pros: tons of vegan options

Fig Farro is so great for fancy vegan food! They have a very big variety. Every thing I tasted was delicious.

Fancy and tasty - Edit

It surpassed my expectations. The food was hearty and tasty. I split the lentils, brussel sprouts, vegan mac and cheese, "paan" and pot pie with my partner. We're bigger eaters than most couples, and it was almost too much to finish. Everything was good, but the vegan mac was my favorite-- it was by far the best I've ever tasted.

It sounds like they had a rough opening weekend. I went on a Monday evening, and it was less than 1/4 full. I recommend going on a weekday, at least until the new restaurant buzz chills or they open their outdoor seating. They sat us in the peacock room, which reminded me vaguely of the Kitty Kat Club or Jerusalem's, decor-wise. Very cozy.

Pros: Delicious, Fanciest vegetarian restaurant in the city, Filling

A Complete Delight! - Edit

My friend and I just went in wth the intent of having dessert, but after seeing the menu decided we had to try some things!
The menu was small but what it did have was unique to a true vegetarian/ vegan restaurant. I had some vegan borscht that had been lightly seasoned with mint! It was incredible! The shepards pie (a fun menu item to see vegan) was an absolute delight. Then the chocolate cake was some of the best I've had out to eat. Can't wait to go back and try some cocktails and more dishes off the menu.

Pros: Inventive , Atmosphere , Cozy

Cons: Slow staff.

Such an amazing experience! Great food! Great Service! Great Drinks! Lovely atmosphere! - Edit

We came to Fig & Farro about 2 weeks after they opened for dinner on a Friday night - we arrived around 6:30 pm and had the most amazing experience from the moment we walked in all the way until we left!

The Space: I was impressed by what they did with a fairly large, empty space with this restaurant. It's cute and rustic and simple but the space is broken up in a very unique way that makes each table and booth feel cozy and private somehow.

The Service: Our server was very sweet and very attentive. When we arrived she was pretty slow and got busier by the time we left - although her attentiveness definitely wavered as she got busier and busier, this is to be expected and she did a wonderful job managing all her tables.

The Drinks: We each had cocktails, both of which were amazing and on par with other wonderful cocktails that around around $10 each in Minneapolis. They also have wonderful local beer offerings & wine on tap in an attempt to lower waste of wine bottles!

The Food: IT WAS VERY VERY DELICIOUS. LIKE SO DELICIOUS. My standouts were the Brussels Sprouts, Curry Cauliflower, MAC AND CHEESE and the chocolate cake.

Overall, I was completely impressed. It takes time for new restaurants to get full on their feet and for being less than a month new when I visited Fig & Farro, I think they are killing it. For anyone who has written negative reviews, I would suggest that they do not visit a brand new restaurant that is still working on finding their footing. If Fig & Farro continue to improve, which I know the will, I am sure that they will be around for a VERY long time. This is just the kind of restaurant that MPLS needs.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Upscale veg restaurant, Small plates style = lots of variety in a meal!

Cons: Neighborhood/Parking

Severly Disappointed - Edit

As a cheerleader of their mantra (sustainability, freshness, unique ingredients, etc) it pains me to leave this review but I must.

I dined here on Feb 9 and it was the single worst experience I’ve had at a restaurant.

Our waitress was non attentive to an extreme. We went 20 mins at a time without drink check for water and beverages.

Then, our food never came. We opted to pay, and did, the started to leave at which point the shift manager came over and insisted that we stay. The food he put on rush wasn’t even our dish we originally ordered but by that point there were no more places open after 10 so we ate it anyway.

The food was alright and I could definitely see improvements as they get more operational time in the pocket but I have strong doubts about their customer service ever being worth your time, money, and patience.

Good luck.

Out of this World! - Edit

A super great place to bring non-veg friends because it has something for everyone! Great place to bring kids too because of the cool “tent” and play area! If you like sitting on the floor (low level tables) call in advance to reserve!

Pros: Chic, Upscale, Cool Cocktails, Kids Area

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fig + Farro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.