Fiesta Mexicana

+44-1689823334

99-101 High St, Orpington, England, BR6 0LG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican and Cuban food restaurant and bar. Menu offers burritos, nachos, quesadilla, and tapas. Let staff know if you want vegetarian or vegan-only, and they will accommodate. Open Mon 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sat 11:00am-1:00am, Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Cuban, Non-veg

First Review by LinaBrooks

Very Friendly and Welcoming Place - Edit

I read the review about the Veg Burrito and decided to give it a go. On entry, I told the waiter I was vegan and he pointed out all the Veggie options. I reiterated I was dairy free and he assured me we could find something. I always feel slightly nervous when there isn't a separate vegan menu but I did harp on about being Vegan and please no cream or cheese.

Ok so after he checked that the guacamole was vegan I received my meal very quickly and it was a very good size with a salad.
Ok to be honest, I felt I could taste something buttery, I couldn't find any dairy products but I could taste something as I've been vegan for 4 years. I don't know whether the fajita was cooked in butter but he assured me there was no dairy or egg in it. However I just couldn't be 100% sure and I think this is the problem with non vegan cafes. Just double check guys is my advice.
Service was impeccable - couldn't fault it. Smiley and happy staff. Large portions. Good cocktails.

Really cool Mexican place - Edit

The atmosphere/ decor is very Mexican. Staff is very friendly. For non drinkers like me and my partner we loved the non alcohol cocktails ( Virgin mojito is the best!) what strikes me about this restaurant is that almost all ingredients are very fresh and tasty. We had two vegetable burritos (you do have to specify that you want without cheese or sour cream ) and it was 10 out of 10. We yet to explore any other vegan dishes they have but we have been so smitten by the veg burrito that we keep ordering it.
Some staff is more attuned to vegans than others just to be safe you want to make sure you say you don't want sour cream or cheese with whatever veggie dish you order as their first instinct seem to be to add cheese.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-12

Pros: friendly and accommodative staff, Mexican decor , Tasty cocktails and fresh ingredients

Cons: more veggie option would be nice , clarity on the meniu/ clearer marking on vegan dis

Return to Orpington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fiesta Mexicana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.