First Review by TeaO

Good value in Macau - Edit

Food was good. Portion size is good. Good value in Macau. Free tea. Easy to stop in for lunch as your exploring. Look to spend about 30-50 MOP p/p.

Pros: good food, quick

Cons: small and a bit cramped.

good deal next to all the tourist attractions - Edit

Very convenient location if you're going to the main tourist sights in Macau. Opening up Apple maps from Happy Cow really confused me, and made it seem more complicated than it is. But I used free wifi from a retail store nearby to google the address and put that into google maps, which made it very easy to find. Enter this into google maps: 2 Rua do Monte. It's on Rua do Monte. The exact address is actually 2-D. I was looking for but didn't see the swastikas, maybe those have been taken down.

As others have said, there's no English menu, but they have pictures of every dish. Staff doesn't speak English, but I managed to gesture my question of how big the portions are. The portions are quite large especially given how low the prices are. Good deal!

Pros: great location for tourists

Nice staff, yummy food, good prices - Edit

I went there to test the famous "wontons" (sorry for the mistakes), which are really delicious (fried and in soup).
The restaurant is small, so I was glad I went there during an unusual time for lunch (3pm). I had to share a table with a couple of persons but the table is large enough to avoid the lack of spaces (at least at that "unusual time for lunch")
The staff was nice, friendly and funny even with the difference of languages. You should just be a little bit adventurous : you just have pictures of meals in the menu.
It is really not expensive compared to other veggie restaurant I tried.

Pros: Nice staff, Good veggie food, Not expensive

Cons: No english menu/no english speaking, A little bit hard to find, Small room

Tasty food but... - Edit

Close to some touristic atractions, this is a very easy place to find. Very small and you'll most likely have to share the table with some strangers.

We ordered wantons in soup and a tofu dish with sweet-sour sauce. Both really delicious! The menu has pictures but no english descriptions. I didn't want this vegetable on my wantons soup so my chinese friend asked the staff to not put it in (a very easy request). The staff, who most likely didn't know I can speak chinese as well, answered that they couldn't do it and added "tell her to take it out herself or to just give it to you".
Even though the food was quite delicious and the prices affordable, I don't think I would come back to this place because of the rude and unpolite staff. Also having to share the table with strangers is a con, as well as the little personal space they give you. I could barely move.

Pros: affordable, tasty

Cons: rude staff, tiny place, lack of personal space

It's open and delicious! - Edit

I accidentally found this place as I did not have internet access on my day trip to Macau. I saw the swastika sign, looked at the place, and a man came to me and told me that this is a place for vegetarians. he also told me they don't use egg or milk in the dishes.
I think the place is easy to find! the menu is with pictures and I found that helpful. the staff doesn't really speak English but another guest helped me to specify my "no mushrooms" wish. Tea was for free and really delicious, I ordered a wan tan soup and fried rice noodles. Both dishes came very quickly and tasted good, and the soup was really big and good! the Boodles were a little oily, but still good. I paid only 57 MOP in the end, which was cheaper than eating in hong Kong. I like the place and I would have loved to taste their other dishes as well.

Pros: seems to be mostly vegan, quick, delicious, variety

Cons: little oily

my favourite veggie place in macau - Edit

i've been in macau for 3 years now and this is still my favourite restaurant.
they sell the best wanton in the world - juicy and in big portions. they are located near the St Paul Ruins (just a 5 mins walk away) and are very reasonably priced.
I normally order wanton soup (delicious both fried or in soup), fried rice, veggies/tofu. Try their homemade chilli!
Friendly staff too :)

Pros: Value for money, Excellent food, Great location

Cons: May be packed during mealtimes

Very full for lunch - Edit

I Order 2 noodle dish. The taste is very good,not salty. But the portion of noodle is quite big. The vegetable is not variety.

Pros: Delicious, Value of money

Cons: Variety of vegetable

If I wasn't so hungry ... - Edit

I came to Macau from Hong Kong on the ferry. As it was quite lateand I was very hungry, I tried the nearest veg restaurant to my hotel. I had the hotel write down the address in Chinese characters and had directions, but even so it was hard to find. The place wasn't too clean, buckets of dirty dishes and food scraps on the steps leading to the upper floor. The food was very oily and the tea too strong and bitter. No descriptions on menu, only photos, so had to guess what to order as I cannot speak Chinese.

Pros: oily food, noisy, not too clean

Cons: central

Very good value for money - Edit

The restaurant is located in the touristic area a few minutes from the St. Paul's ruines. Luckily this isn't reflected in the prices. Dishes vary from 38-55 MOP. For single persons they have set dishes with rice or noodles for under 30 MOP.

Pros: Good value for money, convenient location, friendly staff

Cons: no English spoken, but photo menu

Good Quality Vege Food! - Edit

The dishes are really tasty and they serve very good wanton. Went there for lunch twice (at off peak time of 3pm) when we were in Macau for 3 days. We tried going for dinner once but had to be politely turned away as it was full! That tells it all. Hence do call and book in advance if you plant to visit during normal meal hours.

They have sitting both on ground and upper floor.

On our second visit, one of the owners even gave us free home-made rice dumpling for us to eat on our flight home. =)

They're open 12pm to 9pm.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value , Friendly Staff

Return to Macau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Feng Cheng Xuan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4282 times since Jan 2009.